Best footwear

• This topic has 12 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

I just think the general point of the shoes has been missed. Intensity while you are very correct that the raised heel allows for better ankle mobility that is the purpose (I think mobility is crucial and should be able to squat without a raised heel). It allows you to get deeper into the squat and recruit more musculature, gives you a solid platform to push on (while chucks are less compressible than cross trainers they are still compressible), the straps allow you to “spread the floor” with more support giving max hip torque, they allow you to keep your chest upright easier.The shoes are just like a belt, wrist wraps, knee sleeves...they are meant to allow you to lift the max weight possible while helping prevent injury by supporting certain technique positions. I use all of the above to help me lift my best but still focus on things like mobility and unsupported core strength so that I can get the most out of my lifting gear.

Phatty

I was lifting in Chuck's for a about a year and switched over to Oly shoes for everything except deadlifts (for obvious reasons).I squat kinda wide usually and the Oly shoes helped me bring my stance in by a significant amount. I have a lot more balance when standing in them which also helps a lot with OHP.I even feel wearing them for benching is beneficial as I can really push into the heels of the shoes which helps me create a more stable arch in my back.

samuel r walker
    Participant

Nailed it guys.. Theyre the shit, period. Lol

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I was lifting in Chuck's for a about a year and switched over to Oly shoes for everything except deadlifts (for obvious reasons).I squat kinda wide usually and the Oly shoes helped me bring my stance in by a significant amount. I have a lot more balance when standing in them which also helps a lot with OHP.I even feel wearing them for benching is beneficial as I can really push into the heels of the shoes which helps me create a more stable arch in my back.

I still have yet to try benching in my Oly shoes.  I normally bench on the balls of my feet though, so I am not sure if I will like the Olympic shoes.

samuel r walker
    Participant

I just started dingging my heels in for my seated overhead presses, helped alot 

Phatty

I still have yet to try benching in my Oly shoes.  I normally bench on the balls of my feet though, so I am not sure if I will like the Olympic shoes.

Oddly enough, I benched in them before I squated in them. No harm in trying it out for a set if you get the chance.

Derekcerva
    Participant

Just bought the reebok lifter shoes and love them! Not sure if I can atteibut anything to the shoes but I have noticed an increase in squat numbers with the elevated heel

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just bought the reebok lifter shoes and love them! Not sure if I can atteibut anything to the shoes but I have noticed an increase in squat numbers with the elevated heel

Which shoes are that?  I bought the new Reeboks that Jesse Burdick and Mark Bell designed, but those have flat soles, no heel. 

Which shoes are that?  I bought the new Reeboks that Jesse Burdick and Mark Bell designed, but those have flat soles, no heel.

I saw these. I think they look goofy as shit but how do they feel?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I like them, they are definitely an upgrade from Chuck Taylors.  They are better constructed as well.  However, I like a heel for squatting so I am going to stick with my Weightlifting shoes for that. 

sipock98

What kind of shoes do you Deadlift in?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I am assuming you were reoffering to me?  I was deadlifting in Chucks, but I just bought the new reeboks, so I will be wearing those.  https://shop.reebok.com/us/content/crossfit-lite-tr

sipock98

I am assuming you were reoffering to me?  I was deadlifting in Chucks, but I just bought the new reeboks, so I will be wearing those.  https://shop.reebok.com/us/content/crossfit-lite-tr

More of a general question for all. Should you use a flat or raised heel?

Derekcerva
    Participant

I like them, they are definitely an upgrade from Chuck Taylors.  They are better constructed as well.  However, I like a heel for squatting so I am going to stick with my Weightlifting shoes for that.

No man actually I was referring to thesehttp://shop.reebok.com/us/product/men-reebok-crossfit-lifter-shoes/EF580?cid=J99807&breadcrumb=1z13070Z1z11zrfZdy&search=oly+lifter&cm_vc=STATIC_SHOP_SEARCH

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

More of a general question for all. Should you use a flat or raised heel?

The general recommendation is flat soles for deadlifts, but deadlifting in heels is not unheard of.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best footwear

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?