Can’t Sleep During Carb Nites

• This topic has 12 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Fredperez76

I had the same issues. Every time I backloaded, I'd wake up between 3 and 5 and stay awake, like it was morning for two hours.Kiefer addressed it in last Tuesdays show. He said it was reflux, and a capful of vinegar before bed will take care of it. I never felt burning, but, I did feel some discomfort, so, it clicked that's what it probably was. I tried it, and seriously have never slept better. It's actually shocking how well it worked.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

I used to have mad reflux back in the day eating more than 5000 cals in one sitting, but I have a few tricks now which may help ya. First, end your carb night way before you go to bed, like 2-3 hours at least, if not more. If it means stuffing yourself faster or choosing softer/denser foods, so be it. Second, go for a slow walk right after eating or at least stand up. Lying down is the last thing you wanna do, even sitting back too much makes digestion slow down. When I really overdo it I'll have an anti-acid tablet or something, but that's crossing into birthday binge territory only 😛 Finally, you may not feel like it, but drink some water and do not go to bed before feeling ok lying down, like stuffed by not nauseous. If it means going to bed later, then so be it. Your sleep will be better anyways.

sebiff
    Participant

I had the same issues. Every time I backloaded, I'd wake up between 3 and 5 and stay awake, like it was morning for two hours.Kiefer addressed it in last Tuesdays show. He said it was reflux, and a capful of vinegar before bed will take care of it. I never felt burning, but, I did feel some discomfort, so, it clicked that's what it probably was. I tried it, and seriously have never slept better. It's actually shocking how well it worked.

So a capful if vinegar before bed will reduce the burning and will help me fall asleep after my backload? I missed last podcast and can´t find any uploaded version yet. This is indeed very interesting and worth trying.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Can’t Sleep During Carb Nites

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?