carb nite fats

• This topic has 10 voices and 36 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Scope75

Man there's some nitpickers in here.

cloudybrain
    Participant

or you can say.. there's some.... nutpickers in here..

Scope75

or you can say.. there's some.... nutpickers in here..

Nope because I was talking about you on how you think good advise is shared. But if your a little nutty too I guess that would work then. Lol

cloudybrain
    Participant

Yeh I know you were talking about me. Am I wrong about what I said though? Don't you ever feel when you're answering someone, that people would misinterpret what you just said? I know I do.. because I don't know who's reading these messages.. and it could be anyone who doesn't know any better.These posts are public. These posts are searchable. These posts are easily accessed. Why not get paranoid about what you say?And if you DO ask.. "well.. if u feel that way.. why do you give advice?"Well.. because I get a second pair of eyes as well. If I give advice that you or anyone else doesn't agree with.. I learn from that.

Scope75

Nope not wrong at all. I guess I just could care less that's its public and searchable.In real life I make sure I'm understood but this is just the Internet. lol. And the way you came off just seemed like what she posted was a waste because she didn't write a short story about macadamia nuts. Lol

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

so what you guys are saying is that monounsaturated fats are at the bottom of the list in terms of the priority of fats to consume during ULC days? so its best to eat animal fats (eg eggs, chicken, beef) then nuts and avocados? where does salmon fit in? so its like this: saturated > poly > mono?

cloudybrain
    Participant

Scope75, I think you got that wrong.. I don't think any post is a waste. I appreciate curious's posts actually. I've argued with her before, but I never really complimented her on her facts. I've actually learned a few number of things from her posts.. by her referencing ketogenic experts.But now that I've reread the thread again, I realize I was wrong. I was multi-tasking while responding to the thread, and the organization of the posts in my head led me to believe she was purposely giving off advice that goes against what was researched. Oops.

cloudybrain
    Participant

so what you guys are saying is that monounsaturated fats are at the bottom of the list in terms of the priority of fats to consume during ULC days? so its best to eat animal fats (eg eggs, chicken, beef) then nuts and avocados? where does salmon fit in? so its like this: saturated > poly > mono?

Yes. Maybe like a half a handful wouldn't hurt.. or like 1/2 of an avacado is fine. Monounsaturated fats aren't really a devil fat.. you still need them.. but not as a primary source. In fact, I eat nuts and avacados sparingly on a weekly basis.. instead of a daily basis... and I do have a bag of macadamia nuts sitting in my office. I eat a few like every 2-3 days. I bought the bag during a time when I thought vegetable fats were okay (this was about 2 months ago).Salmon would be okay to eat, but the problem is.. it's too lean. You need to eat some fats with it. As long as you have a good portion of fat with your salmon, it wouldn't be a bad choice... but I usually eat salmon on a carb nite instead. Personally though, nothing beats beef or bacon for a ULC day.

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

so your saying I should replace my chicken avocado meal with chicken and eggs? or another source of animal fat? I thought avocados helped release fatty acids? so really monounsaturated fat isn't ideal on ULC? we want most of our fat to come from saturated not a variety or say 40/30/30 sat/mono/poly? the reason I have a whole avocado a day is to increase my fibre content, other than that the only fiber I get is from the broccoli I have with my beef meal. my meals looks like this:meal 1 - 5 whole eggs + 10g coconut oilmeal 2 -200g chicken breast + 100g avocado + veggies + 5ml macadamia oilmeal 3 -200g chicken breast + 100g avocado + veggies + 5ml macadamia oilmeal 4 - 30g whey iso + 5g leucine + 10g glutamine (post workout 1 hour later)meal 5 - 200g beef + 200g broccoli + 15g butter + 5g coconut oil meal 6 - eggs or chicken should I replace meal 2 and 3 with another source of fat?

Melvin McLain
    Participant

so really monounsaturated fat isn't ideal on ULC?

Page 47:"monounsaturated fat hides a dark secret:  a friendship with fat cells.  No other type of fat fills fat cells more easily.  And once inside, monounsaturated fat doesn’t come back out easily. Overeating monounsaturated fat, especially with carbs, can refill empty fat cells in a flash, rapidly accelerating body-fat gain."

Even ignoring the "especially with carbs" part, it's not a good idea.

Heisenberg
    Participant

I think this is a great post. It is always good to know what is BEST and what is just okay to eat during the diet. I have learned so much from this forum.

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

I eat about 50-60g of peanut butter a day, but I suppose the actual nut content isn't that great really.It's just a good snack around 3pm-4pm to keep my going until dinner.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Here is some fantastic advice  ::)  {heavy sarcasm} re:  peanut butter fats:{ Nevermind...  Link removed...  The point was that peanut butter is mostly mono- and poly- unsaturated fats. }Many of the tree nuts are rich in minerals, but I'm not sure peanut butter actually has any redeeming qualities.  It just tastes good!  🙂

cloudybrain
    Participant

so your saying I should replace my chicken avocado meal with chicken and eggs? or another source of animal fat? I thought avocados helped release fatty acids? so really monounsaturated fat isn't ideal on ULC? we want most of our fat to come from saturated not a variety or say 40/30/30 sat/mono/poly? the reason I have a whole avocado a day is to increase my fibre content, other than that the only fiber I get is from the broccoli I have with my beef meal. my meals looks like this:meal 1 - 5 whole eggs + 10g coconut oilmeal 2 -200g chicken breast + 100g avocado + veggies + 5ml macadamia oilmeal 3 -200g chicken breast + 100g avocado + veggies + 5ml macadamia oilmeal 4 - 30g whey iso + 5g leucine + 10g glutamine (post workout 1 hour later)meal 5 - 200g beef + 200g broccoli + 15g butter + 5g coconut oil meal 6 - eggs or chicken should I replace meal 2 and 3 with another source of fat?

There's other ways to get fibre. I'd recommend some avocados purely for the potassium content and being an excellent source of pantothenic acid which is used for synthesizing and metabolizing carbs, proteins, and fats (btw, this acid is also found in meats as well).Im not sure where you got your ratios from, in consuming sat/mono/poly. Anyways for fibre, why don't you incorporate more veggies? Like cabbage, brussel sprouts, spinach, kale.. any dark green leafy veggies?Also, I'd replace your macadamia oil with pure MCT oil. And lower the amount of eggs, I'd say 1-2 per day is good, or you can remove the yolk of those 5 eggs -- don't throw the yolk away.. refrigerate it and save for carb nite. The only reason why I suggest this is because of its leucine content, which raises your insulin levels on ULC days. The only time you'd ever want to consume that egg is post workout.. or before you do your HIIT training session.One more suggestion, find a place where you can get heavy whipping cream. This is an excellent source of fat. I'd suggest you skim through this study:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3588016/#!po=0.297619If you don't want to spend your time, just know that heavy whipping cream (most specifically raw or european cream with live cultures) provides small globule membranes that are very beneficial for you.

cloudybrain
    Participant

Here is some fantastic advice  ::)  {heavy sarcasm} re:  peanut butter fats:"Unsaturated fats, otherwise known as the good fats, include poly- and monounsaturated fats. These good fats, when used in moderation, can benefit your health by decreasing your risk for certain diseases such as heart disease. Unsaturated fats lower bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol, according to Harvard Health Publications. You'll get these healthy fats from fish oils and plant-based foods, such as vegetable oils, nuts, seeds and soybean oil. Two tablespoons of peanut butter contain 8 grams of monounsaturated fats and 4 grams of polyunsaturated fats."http://www.livestrong.com/article/378181-is-peanut-butter-a-good-fat-or-bad-fat/Many of the tree nuts are rich in minerals, but I'm not sure peanut butter actually has any redeeming qualities.  It just tastes good!  🙂

You really really don't need to be lowering your cholesterol. When websites tell you this, they don't tell you everything, because its simpler to tell you "just don't eat that.. because this other thing is bad".You need cholesterol throughout your body. The big problem that people don't understand is how cholesterol can develop plaque and cause heart disease. People think it's saturated fat.. but the real culprit is the carbs. The ONLY reason why you'd want to lower the amount of LDL cholesterol, is because of the damage the was made from the over consumption of carbs.. that turned to fat.. that raised that bad cholesterol. This type of cholesterol is very small particles that get stuck within the inner lining of your arteries.However, if you stay away from carbs, and you eat saturated fats, which raises your LDL in the form of a large particle size - which is highly stable, then you don't need to lower it. During your fasting state, HDL will be released that will plunge through and cleaning up the free flowing LDL in your arteries. That's why I'm explaining why vegetable oils.. nuts.. soybeans.. they aren't necessary for ULC diets. There are cultures around the world who don't eat that stuff.. just meat and fat.. and they have the best hearts around.There's a lot of bad mojo info out there, who don't cite good studies, and they formulate their opinions based on common-place social norms.If you really want a good article that puts everything into perspective.. I found this article a few years ago.. which does an extensive analysis on cholesterol:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/cholesterol/#axzz3MAhFjWaEThe site repeats this information over and over in other articles as well.http://www.marksdailyapple.com/saturated-fat-healthy/#axzz3MAhFjWaEIs another example..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

carb nite fats

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?