CarbNite doubts

• This topic has 26 voices and 98 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Em

I am far from an authority on training females (they perplex me lol), but just let me throw this out there. Maybe you shouldnt look to manipulate protein or fat, maybe it should be carbs. Are you guys getting flat during the week? I am flat as a pancake the day before a carbnite, then have a good day, look like shit for a few days, look good again and then get flat. Thats usually how carbrefeeding works. Maybe you guys are not getting enough of a metabolic spark?

Do you mean that we may not be carbing it up enough on CN? My experience has been doing great all week after CN, but ny the 6th day I really crave carbs. I don't necessarily get 'flat' though?

cookieb
    Participant

I am far from an authority on training females (they perplex me lol), but just let me throw this out there. Maybe you shouldnt look to manipulate protein or fat, maybe it should be carbs. Are you guys getting flat during the week? I am flat as a pancake the day before a carbnite, then have a good day, look like shit for a few days, look good again and then get flat. Thats usually how carbrefeeding works. Maybe you guys are not getting enough of a metabolic spark?

Hi Randy,Can you point out specific ways to get enough spark? 🙂 I ALWAYS stay well under 20 carbs through the week, with less than half of those being usable (rest is all fiber). I've only had a couple of carb nites where I ate around 500 grams of carbs, and felt like I would explode trying to eat more. The majority of the other carb nites are all around 400 grams of carbs. I am severely gluten intolerant, so gluten containing items are not an option for me - is this why it's soooo hard for me to get to a higher number??? It really seems like the people having the best results are getting much more than that. Also mentioned on previous posts on this thread, it seems that people who have lost lots of weight doing ketogenic type diets prior to this one (like me - over 110 pounds) are having the hardest time making it work effectively and consistently...Maybe us folks should start our own thread specific to that unique "issue" so we can compare what is and isn't working

randyleahy

Ok, so I dont want to talk out of my ass here, cause again females are a totally different ballgame. I guess I can just tell you what I am doing. I weight around 200lbs and take in 170-180 g of pro/fat during week (excluding post workout protein) and get about 1000ish g of carbs on carbnite. Logic says that the leaner you are or the lower your kcal are during the week the harder your refeed should be. That is me in my avi @ 175 and am at the same leaness now, I am trying to use carbnite to get peeled.

Em

Ok, so I dont want to talk out of my ass here, cause again females are a totally different ballgame. I guess I can just tell you what I am doing. I weight around 200lbs and take in 170-180 g of pro/fat during week (excluding post workout protein) and get about 1000ish g of carbs on carbnite. Logic says that the leaner you are or the lower your kcal are during the week the harder your refeed should be. That is me in my avi @ 175 and am at the same leaness now, I am trying to use carbnite to get peeled.

1000g of carbs! Epic! I'm doing carb night now and I'm stuffed at just under 400g!

AciD

Just had my first carb nite.My tummy hurts : (

Betty

well, how much did you eat?? I'm just now polishing off a box of mac n cheese, lol..maybe some desert later.And 1,000 carbs *IS* pretty epic..what exactly would the menu look like?? 🙂

Eric Shaw

Randy two questions for you. I noticed you stay under 200grams for your P:F, closer to 170-180, why did you decide to go under 1gram per lb of bodyweight? Just curious what your thinking was. Because I've been confused as to where I should set my macros. Originally I was 150:150 ( I weigh 175 with LBM of 150), and was making great progress, but then I read a lot of people telling me I might be under eating for my weight, and I got worried I was going to stall for the past 7 days I've been eating 175:175, to early to really gauge if it was good move or not. Just curious where you thinking lies, because A., you way leaner than me and I would think that being that lean you're LBM would be closer to your actual weight anyways, i.e. eating closer to 200grams, where as with me my LBM and actual weight are quite far apart.Second question I have is a clarification regarding post-w/o protein. You said subtract your post work out protein from you daily totals, so if my non-training protein intake is 175, and my non training day fat intake is 175, I thought according to Kiefer in the recent power mag article, that on training days I subtract my PWO protein from my daily fat total, so on a training day according the Kiefer article, my intake would be 175p:135f.But it sounds to me like you are saying, and maybe I'm misunderstanding, that you take in 175f:175p on non-training day, but on a training day you take in 175f:215p?  Please clarify.thanks,Shokat

randyleahy

Randy two questions for you. I noticed you stay under 200grams for your P:F, closer to 170-180, why did you decide to go under 1gram per lb of bodyweight? Just curious what your thinking was. Because I've been confused as to where I should set my macros. Originally I was 150:150 ( I weigh 175 with LBM of 150), and was making great progress, but then I read a lot of people telling me I might be under eating for my weight, and I got worried I was going to stall for the past 7 days I've been eating 175:175, to early to really gauge if it was good move or not. Just curious where you thinking lies, because A., you way leaner than me and I would think that being that lean you're LBM would be closer to your actual weight anyways, i.e. eating closer to 200grams, where as with me my LBM and actual weight are quite far apart.Second question I have is a clarification regarding post-w/o protein. You said subtract your post work out protein from you daily totals, so if my non-training protein intake is 175, and my non training day fat intake is 175, I thought according to Kiefer in the recent power mag article, that on training days I subtract my PWO protein from my daily fat total, so on a training day according the Kiefer article, my intake would be 175p:135f.But it sounds to me like you are saying, and maybe I'm misunderstanding, that you take in 175f:175p on non-training day, but on a training day you take in 175f:215p?  Please clarify.thanks,Shokat1. In the grand scheme of things I dont think it matters too much. I had my macros higher and felt I was still getting leaner, I just wanted to speed up the process. My strength is still there, so thats what I care about. I am a creature of habit and eat the same things pretty much everyday.2. Correct I eat 170-180 of pro and fat + casien hydro and leucine. Not sure if its right but if its working it really doesnt have to be 🙂

sjclar00

Randy two questions for you. I noticed you stay under 200grams for your P:F, closer to 170-180, why did you decide to go under 1gram per lb of bodyweight? Just curious what your thinking was. Because I've been confused as to where I should set my macros. Originally I was 150:150 ( I weigh 175 with LBM of 150), and was making great progress, but then I read a lot of people telling me I might be under eating for my weight, and I got worried I was going to stall for the past 7 days I've been eating 175:175, to early to really gauge if it was good move or not. Just curious where you thinking lies, because A., you way leaner than me and I would think that being that lean you're LBM would be closer to your actual weight anyways, i.e. eating closer to 200grams, where as with me my LBM and actual weight are quite far apart.Second question I have is a clarification regarding post-w/o protein. You said subtract your post work out protein from you daily totals, so if my non-training protein intake is 175, and my non training day fat intake is 175, I thought according to Kiefer in the recent power mag article, that on training days I subtract my PWO protein from my daily fat total, so on a training day according the Kiefer article, my intake would be 175p:135f.But it sounds to me like you are saying, and maybe I'm misunderstanding, that you take in 175f:175p on non-training day, but on a training day you take in 175f:215p?  Please clarify.thanks,Shokat1. In the grand scheme of things I dont think it matters too much. I had my macros higher and felt I was still getting leaner, I just wanted to speed up the process. My strength is still there, so thats what I care about. I am a creature of habit and eat the same things pretty much everyday.2. Correct I eat 170-180 of pro and fat + casien hydro and leucine. Not sure if its right but if its working it really doesnt have to be 🙂

Wise words!

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CarbNite doubts

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?