Casein and Whey

• This topic has 8 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

amedio
    Keymaster

I normally buy GNC's 100% Whey Protein. Well I read in Men's Health that one should use whey in the morning and casein in the night. The guy at the GNC store told me I should just stick with the whey protein I usually buy. He talked me out of a sale. What is recommended by some of you? I was thinking about getting some Isopure (I have never tried it). Should I be using any other type of protein. I used to use soy protein over a year ago.

Chase102798

First off, not sure how it is at your GNC, but the three around here are not places you want to take advice from. My GNC recently fired a guy cause the manager told me that he got incentives for selling so much of certain brands (as in the brand name offers the employees of GNC these incentives). I haven't found anyone worth talking to there. My buddy works at Vitamin World and he told me that the info they give to people is basically scripted from the company (i.e. marketing crap). Also, alot of the mass market brands are loaded with stuff you don't need (i.e. fillers and extra sweeteners and gum blends) and void of the stuff you do. Try to find a site that sells individual ingredients and mix what you want. I like PF, but there are others. If you are talking about the pro series stuff for $55.00 for 5 lb with gold card then you could get a far better quality protein from PF for about the same price per 5 lb bag.

Naomi Most

I normally buy GNC's 100% Whey Protein. Well I read in Men's Health that one should use whey in the morning and casein in the night. The guy at the GNC store told me I should just stick with the whey protein I usually buy. He talked me out of a sale. What is recommended by some of you? I was thinking about getting some Isopure (I have never tried it). Should I be using any other type of protein. I used to use soy protein over a year ago.

So, good, you're off soy. excellent.GNC should have isopure which is actually quite good. But you can get it "whey" cheaper from Amazon.  (shoot me...)Other high-quality choices would be anything from ProteinFactory.com (and of course we recommend the DH blends).But you could try out a few cheaper brands -- after checking labels to avoid those fillers, definitely -- and see what feels good to you digestively. Some people are sensitive to crappy whey protein (I definitely am, it'll screw me up for days) while some people can eat Walmart protein by the jarload without so much as a tummy rumble.

Chase102798

So, good, you're off soy. excellent.GNC should have isopure which is actually quite good. But you can get it "whey" cheaper from Amazon.  (shoot me...)Other high-quality choices would be anything from ProteinFactory.com (and of course we recommend the DH blends).But you could try out a few cheaper brands -- after checking labels to avoid those fillers, definitely -- and see what feels good to you digestively. Some people are sensitive to crappy whey protein (I definitely am, it'll screw me up for days) while some people can eat Walmart protein by the jarload without so much as a tummy rumble.

Here, here! I spent years convinced that feeling bloated was just the way it was went you took protein supplements. I have used isopure too and it did well for me.

Sportspt

Love isopure zero carb. GNC IS 75 dollars. 41 at Amazon.

amedio

I am definitely going to grab some Isopure off Amazon, but I still want to the Blends D and H from ProteinFactory. I will just be ready for the infamous taste of H! Haha!

Chase102798

I am definitely going to grab some Isopure off Amazon, but I still want to the Blends D and H from ProteinFactory. I will just be ready for the infamous taste of H! Haha!

I think you will notice a nice improvement with the Blend H PWO. If you are ordering from PF anyway, you may want to consider the CFM whey and just skip the extra shipping buying from two places. The PF description for CFM is interesting about the differences between Ion-exchange whey (which isopure is) and CFM Whey. (also note that Keifer chose CFM whey for his blends). http://proteinfactory.com/shop/product.php?productid=43&cat=31&page=1

amedio

I think the prices are decent on Protein Factory, but my gosh the SHIPPING! Gee! So much for the peeps who are on a budget, huh? I guess I am going to have to cough it up though.

Chase102798

Yeah it ends up being anywhere from $11-$14 for my location. I usually buy in larger quantites so I don't have to go back so often. To me the quality is worth it. I always figure it saves my time and gas not having to run to stores all the time.

amedio

Yeah it ends up being anywhere from $11-$14 for my location. I usually buy in larger quantites so I don't have to go back so often. To me the quality is worth it. I always figure it saves my time and gas not having to run to stores all the time.

Brother I got a pro billet distributor with cap and rotor shipped for less than $11.00 bucks. Haha! I might try finding a coupon code for free shipping. I mean I am definitely going to buy from 'em just because I think it is worth it. It must be as much as everyone brags about the PF products.

paul1027

Regarding GNC, that person should've been fired. I am the manager of a GNC store and I don't sling bullshit to my customers. As a manger I get paid on just about everything that goes out the door so my goal is to get the customer the products that fit their goals. Getting customers results is my only concern. I also have 30+ years of experience competing in several different sports. Bottom line, buy your supplements where you feel most comfortable.

Chase102798

Regarding GNC, that person should've been fired. I am the manager of a GNC store and I don't sling bullshit to my customers. As a manger I get paid on just about everything that goes out the door so my goal is to get the customer the products that fit their goals. Getting customers results is my only concern. I also have 30+ years of experience competing in several different sports. Bottom line, buy your supplements where you feel most comfortable.

Yeah, he definitely was. It was after the fact that I found out about him. He was just annoying pushing stuff that I never wanted. Then he popped up at the Edwardsville location (about 35 minutes away) two months later. It is good to hear that you run things the right way. Its not GNC that I have no faith in, it is the local management since this clown was there for over a year. I guess I don't understand how another location picked him up if he was fired from GNC?? Seems strange to me. It is good to know that you do right by your customers. Our local staff looks like they have never seen the inside of a gym, which never really gives me much confidence in their advice. The fact that you are on this site, at the very least, shows you have a genuine interest. I respect your position on the matter

amedio

I have never really had a problem with my local GNC. There is one person in there that I do not care for, but the others have been helpful and understanding since I have been going in the store. I am about to place a big order at Protein Factory, but I am sure I will still continue to buy from GNC. I still need creatine!  😮As far as casein, I will no longer have to ponder that. I will just stick to Keifer's custom blends.

paul1027

I get stuff @ Protein Factory too. Can't get custom blends @ GNC, lol. Just about every employee in the area that I work is jacked. Even the girls!

amedio

I get stuff @ Protein Factory too. Can't get custom blends @ GNC, lol. Just about every employee in the area that I work is jacked. Even the girls!

The guy that talked me out of casein is "jacked." Seriously...one would think he was training for the Arnold classic. A couple of others in my local GNC are certainly healthy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Casein and Whey

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?