Casein and Whey

• This topic has 8 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

AdamFiddler

Regarding casein, it seems to be kind of a controversial topic lately.  Three years ago, EFSA (European Food and Safety Commission) decided that the safety questions regarding casein-derived peptides were worthy of a 107 page report which you can find here if you're interested in reading it:http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/doc/231r.pdfIt's also worth noting if you read the report that their conclusions were then discredited two years later in a paper written by a Russian scientist I believe.  The Cliff's Notes to all this:  Buying cheaply processed casein seems pretty risky.  --Adam

Richard Schmitt

A question regarding casein, I can consume Dymatize products because of being lactose intolerant, and they came out with a casein protein, I was curious to know if this would be ok and ideal for someone like me to take in the evenings while doing CNS? and CBL? Usually in the evenings with the protein I'll take some fat source to balance out the grams of protein. However I noticed that this contains “milk and soy”…how wrong is this?Below is a copy of the nutrition facts I found.Smooth Vanilla Supplement Facts Serving Size 1Scoop(32g) Servings Per Container 28 Amount Per Serving % Daily Value* Calories 120  Calories From Fat 10  Total Fat 1g 2% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 4g 1% Sugars 0g  Protein 24g 48% Calcium 600mg 60% Sodium 55mg 2% Potassium 220mg 6% Proprietary Enzyme Blend 40mg ** Zytrix® (Protease, Lactase, Lipase) * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet ** Daily Value not established Ingredients: Protein Blend (100% Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Concentrate), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Soybean Oil†, Lecithin, Sucralose, Potassium Chloride, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum.   Contains Milk And Soy. †Soy Oil Is Genetically Modified.

Ingredients: Protein Blend (100% Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Concentrate), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Soybean Oil†, Lecithin, Sucralose, Potassium Chloride, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum.   Contains Milk And Soy. †Soy Oil Is Genetically Modified.

Personally, I avoid soy as much as I can.There are just way to many issues associated with it to worth risking it for me.On top of the the soybean oil they use is a GMO soy, which I think is even worse the regular soy.If it were me, I would try to find something else.If nothing else maybe try something else and see if you notice any difference when removing the soy.

Richard Schmitt

Ingredients: Protein Blend (100% Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Concentrate), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Soybean Oil†, Lecithin, Sucralose, Potassium Chloride, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum.   Contains Milk And Soy. †Soy Oil Is Genetically Modified.

Personally, I avoid soy as much as I can.There are just way to many issues associated with it to worth risking it for me.On top of the the soybean oil they use is a GMO soy, which I think is even worse the regular soy.If it were me, I would try to find something else.If nothing else maybe try something else and see if you notice any difference when removing the soy.

Alright thanks for the imput, haven't placed an order for this but I normally stick to their Elite Whey and ISO 100

Kevin rogers
    Participant

Be careful of the natural and artificial flavors also, because they are usually junk.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Casein and Whey

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?