creatine

• This topic has 24 voices and 61 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Wezforce
    Keymaster

Is someone actually trying to consume 60g creatine a day, like Kiefer mentioned in the book? Well im at least hitting 30g a day for a week now and already seen improvements in my strength. What i want to know is, isnt creatine bad for your kidneys, when consuming so much of it?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

I'm at 20-30g per day.AFAIK there is no real evidence that creatine consumption is dangerous, even at high dosages.

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I'm currently at about 35 grams a day and feel great. Increased from 20g last week and Strenght gains are very slim but steady across all lifts.

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

I've been at around 40g a day. I am currently taking a two week break to cycle off, but I have no issues with that amount per day.

Damon Amato
    Participant

jebus, I just take the 5g with my PWO shake.  Where are you guys sticking in all this extra?

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

After morning coffee, afternoon snack, pre workout w/caffeine , PWO  and sometime before bed again.  I'm not sure how and where Kiefer gets in 60g with 5 g doses unless he doubles intake few times a day.

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

brainwashedmc

Could he be using buffered creatine in capsules. When I take 2 capsules it's equal to 14 grams creatine.Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Wezforce,To quickly touch on the matter of a lot of creatine being bad for your liver and kidneys, what I do with anything that i take into my body as a general rule every 2-3 months I'll stop taking it for 5-8 days and deal with body adjusting.  Ingest lots and lots of water all the time anyways so it helps flush it out and start all over again. Hope this helps it's worked fine for me in the past

training log

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I am going to try the 60 g of creatine a day this fall when I switch back to Density Bulking.  How much and when do you take your doses?

Wezforce

Well normally i eat my first meal around noon. I have two 5g of creatine before that, hours apart ofc, and then another 5g when i have my first meal. Then i have another 5g serving( with my second meal)  before my workout(which is around 4). So thats 20g in total before i workout. Then another 5g pre and another 5g in the PWO. So yea thats 30g for the day.

CT

Creatine occurs naturally in meat, so maybe Keifer is counting creatine intake from all sources, not just supplemented?

SchilleroStrength

Creatine (Monohydrate) is one of the most researched supplements other than Protein and Caffeine to date. The concensus of the latest research is that Creatine is not damaging to the kidneys when taken properly, unless the person taking the supplement has pre-existing renal problems.  Most even small-term side effects (bloating, etc) are due to other dietary variables, rather than the Creatine itself.Here's a few quotes from some research just to throw a few out there:“long-term creatine supplementation (up to 21-months) does not appear to adversely effect markers of health status in athletes undergoing intense training in comparison to athletes who do not take creatine.”(29.Kreider RB, Melton C, Rasmussen CJ, et al. Long-term creatine supplementation does not significantly affect clinical markers of health in athletes. Mol Cell Biochem 2003;244:95-104.)"Short term (5 days), medium term (9 weeks) and long term (up to 5 years) oral creatine supplementation has been studied in small cohorts of athletes whose kidney function was monitored and scientists did not find any adverse effects on renal function." (28.Poortmans JR, Francaux M. Adverse effects of creatine supplementation: fact or fiction? Sports Med 2000;30:155-70...There has been tonsss of research done on this effective supplement if you would like to delve deeper into creatine safety/efficacy.  Hope this helps!*Quotes taken from International Society of Sport Nutrition

zewski

I'm assuming that water retention will go down after continued use, correct?

You will always retain some water.Creatine will increase intramuscular water stores.Although, from everything I've seen it you shouldn't have a "bloated" effect from creatine at all, if you do you are most likely using a lower grade creatine.

SchilleroStrength

You will always retain some water.Creatine will increase intramuscular water stores.Although, from everything I've seen it you shouldn't have a "bloated" effect from creatine at all, if you do you are most likely using a lower grade creatine.

Agree 100%

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

creatine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?