creatine

• This topic has 24 voices and 61 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Nurdin

Anyone know the rationale behind the high dose of creatine?

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

It's in the book. Creatine is a myostatin blocker.

Big_R
    Participant

i tried the 60 grams for about 2-3 weeks (i've done worse things so what the hell) … i did it 3 times a day @20g:  1 in the AM, 1  pre-workout, 1 post-workout.  Used a pretty generic creatine monohydrate from vitamin shoppe.My experience was that i was sweating my ass off during traing *way more than normal*  it was quite ridiculous actually.  Before i upped the dosage to 60g, I was already doing 20-30 grams/day.  This was combined with a DB style backload.  Maybe someone can try it on SA, or even CNS ?

Jeffrey Hansen
    Participant

My recent experience, after adding 10g a night for a week, I don't look as “ripped” as I did before creatine, but the “bloated” feeling went away finally.

T9P1

Would you guys say creatine really helps that much in reality? And how good is it for the strength accumulation phase?

Jack O'Neill

Could he be using buffered creatine in capsules. When I take 2 capsules it's equal to 14 grams creatine.Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

This means 7g for one caps??? It's strangely huge!

nickl413

Would you guys say creatine really helps that much in reality? And how good is it for the strength accumulation phase?

Without a doubt, normal dosing of about 20g for 5 days followed by 5g everyday thereafter, helps tremendously.  If you've never tried creatine before, it's time you started!  Insulin helps uptake, so time your doses appropriately.  The 60g recomended here though, I haven't tried.  But you'll do just fine with 5g a day.

ffemtmcd

Is there a recomendation for CNS folks?  I already include it in my pwo shake on weight days – should I be taking daily?

nickl413

Could he be using buffered creatine in capsules. When I take 2 capsules it's equal to 14 grams creatine.Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

This means 7g for one caps??? It's strangely huge!

The numbers are based on creatine uptake.  With regular monohydrate, much is lost before its even absorbed through your intestines.  Much much more of the buffered creatine, a.k.a. Crealkalyn,  is absorbed.  So if you take 1 cap of the buffered stuff,  the amount of creatine absorbed is equal to what you would absorb if you took 7 grams of mono-hydrate..... supposedly.  Its all debatable of course.  Personally I had good results with buffered creatine.  Same performance results, no bloating.  Right now, though, I'm taking mono since we know its safe  🙂

nickl413

Is there a recomendation for CNS folks?  I already include it in my pwo shake on weight days - should I be taking daily?

Yes anyone taking creatine should take it daily to stay loaded.  I like to take about 20-30g on carb night to take advantage of the insulin. 

Kaprice

The 60g recomended here though, I haven't tried.  But you'll do just fine with 5g a day.

From CBL:

Now, do I expect anyone to consume 60g of creatine per day? Not many people. The effect may not warrant the cost, but I suspect someone will do it. I also suspect that taking 5 grams with each feeding could be highly beneficial.

So, I don't think 60g was a RECOMMENDATION.For me (a beginner), I noticed a large increase in my sweating during the workout. I assume and hope that's a good thing.I think I'll stick with the 5 pre and 5 post for a while and may start adding some with my meals after a few weeks. I don't want to shock my system and being I'm just starting up with weights again I'm not sure what the extra creatine will do.

T9P1

Without a doubt, normal dosing of about 20g for 5 days followed by 5g everyday thereafter, helps tremendously.  If you've never tried creatine before, it's time you started!  Insulin helps uptake, so time your doses appropriately.  The 60g recomended here though, I haven't tried.  But you'll do just fine with 5g a day.

I'm just a little bit scared of not looking slimmer but getting this bloated look (like someone pumped water in my body 😉 ) and am not quite sure if should rather wait a couple of weeks before I start using creatine...

nickl413

Try krealkalyn then.  No bloat.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I think I've been getting bloated with creatine also.  What makes krealkalyn a good choice?

Defiance

For every 1g of creatine you store in the body, you also store 4g of water. So if you're supersaturated with creatine, you're going to be carrying some extra water. That's just an advantage if you're trying to gain muscle.I don't see a good reason to be using anything but monohydrate.I've personally had issues using the modified creatine versions like creabolic etc... Gave me horrible stomach painsI don't know exactly how much I'm getting per day... some days it's 1 tablespoon, some days it's 2...Creatine is one of the most researched supplements there is.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

creatine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?