FRUSTRATED AND CONFUSED

• This topic has 9 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

zewski

There's absolutely nothing unhealthy about saturated fat. If it were, the human race would have diet out long ago. This is even more true when you take carbohydrates out of the diet. Have you actually read the book? I think you would benefit from re-reading it, a lot of these questions are answered in there.

Chuck:  Sorry, can you explain what you mean by "Skinny Fat"?  Thanks

Skinny-fat usually refers to someone who is thin-looking, but has a higher bodyfat percentage (soft-looking, but thin people, w/ zero definition).  I am not sure this makes much sense in the context of a fat-loss diet... as you'd simply be skinny, not skinny-fat.I am a bodybuilder, and already had a good deal of muscular size BEFORE beginning CNS.  I have dialed-in my CNS diet, and I am losing fat at a rate of 1-2 lbs a week.  My muscles are maintaining, and definition is beginning to show... so, I am by no means becoming "skinny-fat".That said, I do plan on switching to CBL, once my bodyfat % reaches 10-12... or when my abs become relatively visible (from upper to lower).  Eventually, my goal is to hit ~8% bodyfat, through some combination of CNS and CBL.Cory

Chuck

Oh sounds good,   I have been bodybuilding for 8 years now and I finally realized that Low Carb diets were great to shred, but they do have the propensity to gain mass (fat/muscle) quicker once you rebound. That’s why Kiefer designed the CBL SA. And in his last podcast Kiefer references “skinny fat” as low carber’s who maintain low carbs but heavy hypertrophy, it sometimes will shock your body to holding on to that last bit of spare tire, but “Skinny fat” was termed for newcomers to the bodybuilding world, who have yet to notice when the body’s metabolism has went into shock and is stubborn. 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

There's absolutely nothing unhealthy about saturated fat. If it were, the human race would have diet out long ago. This is even more true when you take carbohydrates out of the diet. Have you actually read the book? I think you would benefit from re-reading it, a lot of these questions are answered in there.

Actually in the Carb Nite book it actually says saturated fat is bad, so I am not suprised by his confusion.  The book needs updated.  To the original poster: try to get your fat from meat, fish, whole eggs, butter, coconut oil, macademia nuts (or oil), and cheese.  Olive oil and avocado are ok, but should not be used in high amounts.  Kiefer said people who eat mostly fatty cuts of meat get the best results.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

ibobland: OK, I know the theory is easy, but for me some how applicaiton is hard. So just eat when hungry, 3-4-5 times is not the issue, just eat when hungry, right. Also make sure to have fat with protein, does it have to come from mostly saturated sources or try and be clean with the fat as well. Anything else Im missing.......oh what about PWO, what would be best

The ideal PWO is to have a shake with whey isolate, hydrolyzed whey, casein and leucine.  If you don't want to spend the money, just whey isolate and leucine could be used.A good post workout shake would be20 g of whey isolate20 g of hydrolyzed whey10 g of casein5 g of leucineIf not you could just do two scoops of whey and 5 g of leucine.  On your Carb Nite, if you workout in the evening, consume 30 g of dextrose or maltodextrin or whatever with the protein.  You could also eat an over ripe banana or two pieces of white bread.

Chuck

True- through trial and error I found to get most of my fats from meats like fatty T-BONES, and not so much nuts. Like walnuts for instance can gross 160 grams of fat per 2 cups. I cut back to one cup 80 grams and still take coconut oil, omega 3s and fatty meats. Now I am seeing better results in a matter of weeks.

legion78

ibobland: Thanks bro………..I liked the little list you provided for suggested foods. I think that will help a ton as to what foods are ideal for this type of diet. Also as fro PWO I use MusclePharm Combat Powder (has Hydro Whey, Whey Isolate, Casein mixed) 2 scoops with Creatine………..I need to purchase the Leucine as well to make the most out of PWO shake. Zewski: thanks for the input bro........appreciate it. Hey this is to anybody......here is what today looked like so far8am: 16 oz coffee w/ 1 tbs MCT Oil11 am: PWO............2 scoops (50 g) Combat Powder w/ 1 tbs Creatine1:30 pm: 2 Mc Donalds Big Mac Burgers w/ Cheese & Bacon........NO BUN or any fixins..........hungry as hell right now, but gonna hold off a bit to eat again.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

ibobland: Thanks bro...........I liked the little list you provided for suggested foods. I think that will help a ton as to what foods are ideal for this type of diet. Also as fro PWO I use MusclePharm Combat Powder (has Hydro Whey, Whey Isolate, Casein mixed) 2 scoops with Creatine...........I need to purchase the Leucine as well to make the most out of PWO shake. Zewski: thanks for the input bro........appreciate it. Hey this is to anybody......here is what today looked like so far8am: 16 oz coffee w/ 1 tbs MCT Oil11 am: PWO............2 scoops (50 g) Combat Powder w/ 1 tbs Creatine1:30 pm: 2 Mc Donalds Big Mac Burgers w/ Cheese & Bacon........NO BUN or any fixins..........hungry as hell right now, but gonna hold off a bit to eat again.

Looks good.  I love McDonald's for when I am ULC and I am stuck at the airport.

legion78

ibobland: Heres what I had today8am: 16 oz coffee w/ heavy cream12pm: PWO drink...........MHP COMBAT powder3:30pm- ground meat mix (beef, veal, pork) w/ tbs butter and 3 slices of cheese8:45pm- 8oz steak w/ 1/2 tbs butter added

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Looks good.

legion78

Hey when is good to take the psyllium husk fiber…………..I got some yesterday and was wondering if it should be after you eat or in between meals? Also will it make me feel too bloated?Also can anyone recommend a good leucine poweder that's not TOO expensive

I don't think anyone really needs to supplement fiber so no comment there, but here some leucine.http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Nutrition-Solutions-Leucine-Grams/dp/B004K5ZYIY/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1

feritas

ibobland: OK, I know the theory is easy, but for me some how applicaiton is hard. So just eat when hungry, 3-4-5 times is not the issue, just eat when hungry, right. Also make sure to have fat with protein, does it have to come from mostly saturated sources or try and be clean with the fat as well. Anything else Im missing.......oh what about PWO, what would be bestCoryMcC: the reason for the sprints is to accelerate fat loss..........and doing it fasted has proven results on fat loss while sparing musle loss. Plus, I need to be a bit more athletic anyways....no reason to look good but not BE good.

No doubt.  I am a martial artist, competative, so I understand the need for functionality & athleticism (as well).That said, you might find too much cardio counter-productive on this diet... it isn't even suggested, but if done... it should be limited to the day or two after CN.  20-30 minutes, HIIT-style.  That seems to be the going idea.Apparently, from what I gather, doing too much cardio on CNS can hinder fat loss, and even catabolize muscle tissue.  This may be specific to HIIT cardio, though.  I would need clarification.

Do you consider your martial arts training as cardio and therefore to be limited to only the few days after carb night? I do muay thai so a typical training session lasts about an hour and a half and includes some calisthenics, rounds of hitting pads and sparring. I'm worried that this type of training might be hindering results if done later in the week (carb night is on sunday for me). Thus far I only train for fun and am not competing therefore should I limit martial arts training to early in the week and stick to heavy lifts as the week progresses for maximum results?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FRUSTRATED AND CONFUSED

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?