High Calorie breakfast for women increases weight loss

• This topic has 7 voices and 33 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Gnomer
    Participant

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23512957i have read a bit more on the subject and it does seem women generally seem to do better in terms of weight loss if they reverse pyramid their intake starting with high amounts of food at breakfast and lower it as the day goes on.

Big_R
    Participant

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23512957i have read a bit more on the subject and it does seem women generally semm to do better in terms of weight loss if they reverse pyramid their intake starting with high amounts of food at breakfast and lower it as the day goes on.

that's what im doing.... and if i may say so... i'm one of the biggest bitches you ever seen  LOL

Gnomer
    Participant

lol  ;D

Tracy Jarchow
    Participant

I've heard Kiefer mention this study. He also said the full text showed the body composition lost was vastly different between the groups. The AM eaters lost more muscle than the PM eaters with similar fat loss which accounts for the greater overall weight loss. In the end NOT a good way to go.

Gnomer
    Participant

I haven't seen the full text..but that's true many studies only show overall weight loss and dont show if it was muscle or fat loss

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I've heard Kiefer mention this study. He also said the full text showed the body composition lost was vastly different between the groups. The AM eaters lost more muscle than the PM eaters with similar fat loss which accounts for the greater overall weight loss. In the end NOT a good way to go.

That was a much older study.  This study was published this past July.  However, it could be the same story here.  It is very important to caution when reading abstracts.  They aren't bad to get some ideas from, but if you are trying to prove a point, you better read the whole damn thing.

CBachelor17

I actually do something similar as well. My first meal kcal wise is the second biggest to my first solid meal PWO. Its just 6-8 Egg Whites and usually 2 TBSP of Butter + 2 TBSP Coconut Oil.

Gl;itch.e

I actually do something similar as well. My first meal kcal wise is the second biggest to my first solid meal PWO. Its just 6-8 Egg Whites and usually 2 TBSP of Butter + 2 TBSP Coconut Oil.

Why no yolks? Man thats crazy!

CBachelor17

Some days I do. Just my preference.

Scope75

I don't get it either...Eggs without the yoke just don't taste as good and the yoke is where all the good stuff is at.

Gnomer
    Participant

reading the study it looks like they judged the loss by waist circumference and BMI.. here is the full text http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.20460/fullstudy also showed increase insulin sensitivity and overall hunger suppression in the high caloric breakfast group

Scope75

Wow…If I eat in the am I can't stop eating all day, so I just stay Fat fasted and have no hunger threwout the day.

Gnomer
    Participant

Wow...If I eat in the am I can't stop eating all day, so I just stay Fat fasted and have no hunger threwout the day.

problem for me is I have no appetite in the AM i feel sick if i eat a lot in the morning

CBachelor17

I don't get it either...Eggs without the yoke just don't taste as good and the yoke is where all the good stuff is at.

"Good Stuff" or not I'm eating them for the protein value, its a cheap source and i enjoy an egg white patty covered in butter in the morning  🙂

Scope75

Scrambled eggs in butter is even better than just the whites. 😉Some bacon on the side and its game over.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

High Calorie breakfast for women increases weight loss

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?