HIIT Before or After Resistance Training

• This topic has 8 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Hey while where on the subject what sort of hiit do you guys do? I used to do 20 50m hill sprints and walk back down and go up strait away, worked like a champ but i moved house and only flat land there is a 100m strait path whixh i might use for sprints! What sort of ratios can you go by seeing as i cant go 30 seconds all out like kiefer recomends there is no path long enough! Some advice would be ace!!!

Well when schools are not open, I use this hill-parking lot 1-2x a week. However, if you have access to a gym use a Rower, stationary bike, or as crazy as it sounds a Crossramp Ellipitcal.

Caino
    Participant

I like your style tex! What do your work sets/rest look like? Is there a reson why the rest sets are so long? I want maxinum fat loss is it because if you dont rest enough you use your aerobic system?

pita413
    Participant

I love me some hill sprints but nothing compares to sled sprints in my opinion!

Richard Schmitt

I like your style tex! What do your work sets/rest look like? Is there a reson why the rest sets are so long? I want maxinum fat loss is it because if you dont rest enough you use your aerobic system?

I do 30 high resistance sprints followed by 4 minutes of easy active rest. Gives me the full ability to go full throttle again.  It helps with fat loss and not lose too much muscle at least for me ;D

Caino
    Participant

Is that 30 seconds or 30 total?

Richard Schmitt

Oh shoot I do 30 minutes total, about 8 bouts 2x a week

Caino
    Participant

Nice one man, yeah i been doing 10x100m sprints and rest for 1.5min, seems to be working alright not to taxing on the bod

Richard Schmitt

Yeah I figured I'd give the 4 minute rest a shot. Just to maximize the sprint and get fat burned off. Works fairly well. Was doing 2 minute rests, but never got rested enough

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HIIT Before or After Resistance Training

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?