Inviting fellow members to start carb nite with me

• This topic has 8 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Newfiedan
    Participant

So I am starting carb nite today Jan 1 and will be doing this diet for about a month or more I figure to shed more fat and show a solid 6 pack as my primary goal is fat loss then phasing into carb backloading once I hit my desired look. I am inviting fellow members to join me in the pursuit of the goal and to get to their goal as well. I will offer any support I can to those whom join in with me or other members with questions as I believe we all need a helping hand along the way sooner or later. So that is it feel free to join me I will be posting progress pics weekly and tracking everything so anyone can follow in my footsteps if you like.

6by6

I'm in.Planned on doing  CBL, but with the $100,000 challenge gotta speed up the weight loss and put the strength gains on the back burner. I will post up my weight tomorrow and will probably go for 16 weeks till the challenge is over and switch over to cbl. Gotta dust off the carb nite book and get it done. Will try to post my weight every week.

Newfiedan
    Participant

yeah I saw that it sucks that Canadians can not enter it.

Newfiedan
    Participant

Well day 2 for me and it is going to take some time to adapt to this lol, I was kind of lost last night on what to eat but I did manage to get my calorie intake level to maintenance level at 2540 cals. My overall breakdown was the following:66 grams total carbs - 36 grams fiber = 30 grams usable carbs157 grams total fat233 grams protein and 3649 mg sodiumI do have a question though, I eat free range eggs and eggs are a fav food of mine sometimes eating a dozen a day. I know he says to avoid eating more than 4 at a sitting but I really enjoy my 6 egg omelet consisting of 2 cups baby spinach, 2 tbsp flax seed, 3 small mushrooms, and for added fat 30 grams shredded cheese. Would this be bad for a meal with the added cheese or should I tone it down to say 4 eggs. **edit** I guess I should not be eating that at one time after reviewing some other posts. Avoid the insulin spikes got it.

robhally

Newfiedan, Naomi has really tried to emphasize the importance of eating a 50/50 ratio of protein to fat in grams. So I would eat less protein and more fat if you want the diet to yield maximum results. It probably wouldn't hurt if you cut down the sodium a bit too; she mentioned limiting sodium somewhere as well but I'm not going to try and wade through the previous posts to find it.

Newfiedan
    Participant

yes I do agree with you there, I am going to have to adjust the ratios a bit more to get it dialed in its a work in progress at the moment but I will be working diligently to get this dialed in and make it work right.

6by6

First day of carb nite Came in 256.7 lb

Newfiedan
    Participant

This is my 2nd day and I did a 30 min workout with a 10 min hiit session and wow, post workout I felt ok but about 15 mins post workout I started to feel queasy and sick to my stomach and got really sweaty and shaky, granted its been 2 weeks since I worked out last but it did not feel good at all. It is a good thing that I have the day off today and could go home and nap for an hour to sleep that sick feeling off. I am ok after the nap but not a good feeling at all to say the least. I genuinely felt weak. My workout did suffer as well I as not as energetic as I would normally have been doing about 80% of my usual effort level.

6by6

This is my 2nd day and I did a 30 min workout with a 10 min hiit session and wow, post workout I felt ok but about 15 mins post workout I started to feel queasy and sick to my stomach and got really sweaty and shaky, granted its been 2 weeks since I worked out last but it did not feel good at all. It is a good thing that I have the day off today and could go home and nap for an hour to sleep that sick feeling off. I am ok after the nap but not a good feeling at all to say the least. I genuinely felt weak. My workout did suffer as well I as not as energetic as I would normally have been doing about 80% of my usual effort level.

You take in thermos or pre workout supps like jacked? those usually do that to me I think it means they are working.

soulmind

When I was doing CN tabata protocols took awhile to recover from and where a bitch to finish after the second interval.  My stomach felt like it was on fire (a really weird sensation) and almost had a pulsing feeling that coincided with my heartbeat.  Just know that CN will limit your ability to have a balls to the wall training session.  If you can be sure to hit a large muscle group on your CN so you can get some benefits (i.e. growth) from it.  On my CN I would always do squats and leg presses until I walked like a one legged prostitute.

Newfiedan
    Participant

Not this time around I have jack3d but it made me feel ill before so I have abstained from it altogether. Preworkout was just some water and post was 1 scoop of whey isolate.

CaseyD

Try adding caffeine? Seems to get fix the problem most people have with the pre workout supps. Some people just don't handle the additives well.

Newfiedan
    Participant

That is the thing I have not taken any pre workout drinks for the last 3 weeks or so, except for the scattered cup of coffee which I did not take this time around. So no preworkout drink could have caused it. The only thing I took was my whey isolate post workout which never had that effect on me before so I doubt that it was the isolate responsible for it. I would be more inclined to believe that it was a sudden dip in blood sugar more than anything. I had run into that feeling before when on the southbeach diet with morning nausea a few hours after waking. It is weird but I doubt that it will be a long term thing for me.

Chuck

Well just started on 12-29-2011 and posted this under another forum, but it is my Carb Nite diet so far.I am currently 212lbs. Started at 215lbs. I started on 12-29-2011 depletion phase.Current diet as follows:0600- Coffee, heavy whipping cream soon to have MCT OIL1200- Kroger's low carb yogurt, or fast.1530- Gym                (5X5 program) 1700- Eat low carb meal typically 20g or less. (try to add fatty bacon or olive oil to the meal)1700-2000- Protein shake low carb.Going to try some recipes to spice it up, and on the Carb Nite- the actual day- what should my carb to protein and fat intake be?Workouts as follows: (5X5 program)M- BI'S, BACKT- LEGS, HIIT CARDIOW- CHEST, TRI'STR- LEGS HIIT CARDIOFR- BI'S BACKSAT- LEGS HIIT CARDIOSUN- CHEST, TRI'SAlso I may skip a leg day here and there to recover, since on the diet I have been able to recover from my lifts. I was on CBL and loved it, I would like to lean out to 195lbs-200lbs. And start the CBL process again.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I got my coconut oil today I am pumped found it at bulk barn for 18 bucks for 890 ml tub can not wait to start using it tomorrow morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Inviting fellow members to start carb nite with me

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?