Inviting fellow members to start carb nite with me

• This topic has 8 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

I'm really wanting to use CN to slim down a bit more, but I'm getting “compliments” for gaining weight…I'm just not sure whens a good time to start CN for my goal.

soulmind

Tex I would recommend that you completely at least a twelve week “bulking” phase on CBL before you even begin to consider a CN round.  I've seen your pics and you don't have much fat to lose compared to your potential to get jacked. 

Richard Schmitt

Yes sir will do. I believe I am currently on week 4?

6by6

Start weight  256.7 lb251 After first week, Not too impressive, but we'll see what week 2 brings

IOWA.PharmD

@6by6…. 5.7 lbs a week! That IS impressive. Keifer made a point that I think is all to often unnoticed while reading other posts. Peoples habits make them gain weight over a long period of time. It is unreasonable to expect any fat loss tool to reach your long-term goals over a couple of weeks. It will take time! The hard part is continuously having discipline to follow the simple rules provided. If you lost around 5 lbs a week for 3 months….thats 60 lbs!!! That is huge. Losing even 1-2 lbs/week will show results in the mirror. Have faith in your system, respond to how your body feels, and be mentally disciplined to finish what you set out to do!

6by6

@iowa I hear you but I expect to lose a lot more in the depletion phase. If I lost 5 lbs a week that would be better than cocaine, but it's only carb and water weight at this point. I usually lose a lot more in the depletion phase that is what concerns me. Hopefully this week brings another 5. Low carb meal for today brazilian BBQ, Carb Nite aproved.

6by6

Start weight  256.7 lb251 After first week, Not too impressive, but we'll see what week 2 brings250 after second week

Newfiedan
    Participant

I started at 167.6 went down to 162.6 by the end of the depletion phase and into week 2 now I am back to 162.6, I will repost again on my next carb nite, ideally 1 week from today. I messed up this week a bit but we are all human just keep on trucking.

6by6

I started at 167.6 went down to 162.6 by the end of the depletion phase and into week 2 now I am back to 162.6, I will repost again on my next carb nite, ideally 1 week from today. I messed up this week a bit but we are all human just keep on trucking.

thanx for the update feeling a bit concerned

Newfiedan
    Participant

anytime you need to reach me bud feel free to pm, I will do my best to update as often as I can. I did post some before/after pics from start to current in my cns log. Here they are again as a reference.cnswk1.png

Allenxld

Started @ 270 lbs. 1st weigh in on morning of 1st carb nite 266 lbs. 2nd weigh in on morning of 2nd carb nite 269 lbs!!?!?! I was disappointed and read carbnite over again to see if I screwed up somewhere but I haven't. So then I come acroos the closing comments where Keifer talks about not expecting miracles and to stick with it because you didn't put on this weight in 4-6 months and it may take 2 or 3 rounds of carbnite. Felt better after that and totally enjoyed my carbnite!!

Newfiedan
    Participant

There are to many factors to predict steady rapid fat loss, at some point the body fights back as well. Losing it slow and steady makes it more permanent and avoids loose skin. I shed it 1 lb a week before and was quite happy with that rate. I do not really expect my scale weight to move much these days but I do expect to see results visually. Yesterday I was 162.6 I ate a good sized supper meal last night and today I am 164.1 do not sweat it brother just keep at it.

IOWA.PharmD

I have discovered a few things (I think). I have done 2 Carb Nites so far, and they have been right after doing a huge leg work out. I find motivation to lift harder than normal knowing that I will be pumping carbs in those muscles later. I lost 5 pounds during prep phase then jump up to almost pre-pre-phase weight. I then dropped 3 or so pounds and repeated same carb night and i'm now above original starting weight. I haven't done measurements (I will def start though) but I def feel better. It's a little disappoint knowing that the number on the scale is higher, but I also know that really doesn't matter. Moral of the story: fingers crossed for body recomposition.

Allenxld

Moral of the story: fingers crossed for body recomposition.

AMEN! Hallelujah, Brother!!

Newfiedan
    Participant

Welcome to the dark side brother, its not about the scale its about body comp, I will take a higher scale weight and better body comp over lighter/poorer body comp any day.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Inviting fellow members to start carb nite with me

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?