Medial Deltoids…bleh

• This topic has 9 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Fairy

Just did some geeking out. Looks like medial and lateral are both accepted names for the deltoid in the middle. Anterior = Front of the bodyLateral = Side of body, Medial = MiddlePosterior = Back of the body

Actually medial deltoid is not technically correct.  It has the least medial orgin.  I got this from wikipedia.

Ah, well I got mine from MuscleProdigy, so I guess your source wins 😉

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just did some geeking out. Looks like medial and lateral are both accepted names for the deltoid in the middle. Anterior = Front of the bodyLateral = Side of body, Medial = MiddlePosterior = Back of the body

Actually medial deltoid is not technically correct.  It has the least medial orgin.  I got this from wikipedia.

This probably the first time Wikipedia won a source credibility battle, lol.

This probably the first time Wikipedia won a source credibility battle, lol.

HAHA!

hack_attack
    Participant

Okay…so..I mean the lateral head. I usually just say medial because it is the middle of the three heads. Though I seemed to have sparked some sort of…something, heh. Also, for clarification, I TRAIN rear delts on back days. Meaning that in addition to the work they get from rows and things, I directly train them as well. I do not leave any of my muscle groups wanting, I love them too much!I am looking to get the rounded "cap" that comes from very well-developed lateral delts. I will definitely check out some of these sources.

Okay...so..I mean the lateral head. I usually just say medial because it is the middle of the three heads. Though I seemed to have sparked some sort of...something, heh. Also, for clarification, I TRAIN rear delts on back days. Meaning that in addition to the work they get from rows and things, I directly train them as well. I do not leave any of my muscle groups wanting, I love them too much!I am looking to get the rounded "cap" that comes from very well-developed lateral delts. I will definitely check out some of these sources.

LOL.  Lateral / Medial, it's fine.  I knew what you were on about.Intensity, shock... go for it.  Make those fuckers burn.  Some muscles are just stubborn on some people, and require a little extra loving care (or punishment - depending on your mindset).Cory

Fairy

You know Kiefer goes on about these for a bit on Podcast 15

Damon Amato
    Participant

Geez, didn't think I'd cause such a stir. When you say medial deltoids it makes me think anterior deltoids, but you actually meant mid-deltoid. All three are for anatomical purposes in the same place in the sagittal plane, so saying 'medial' does not distinguish anything because in anatomical position none are closer to midline than any other.

hack_attack
    Participant

You know Kiefer goes on about these for a bit on Podcast 15

So podcast 15 has some stuff on building the lateral deltoids?

Fairy

Yes 🙂 they were talking about getting caps. My brain turned onto standby mode 🙂

hack_attack
    Participant

Yay! Because caps are about the best thing, along with a thick set of traps!

Fairy

I think hammies were the next must have mentioned there 😉

Yay! Because caps are about the best thing, along with a thick set of traps!

You can get both at once with Upright Rows.For Traps, specifically, do all sorts of shrugs... Barbell Front, Barbell Behind Back, Dumbbell Side, Barbell Front while leaning forward 45-degrees (lower traps), etc.Cory

guitarjon
    Participant

I've been using rest-pause sets with military presses, that gets my shoulders screaming.

hack_attack
    Participant

Fair enough, but while my shoulders are stubborn, my legs are practically greedy. I think they might be stealing the extra muscle I put on my shoulders....

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Fair enough, but while my shoulders are stubborn, my legs are practically greedy. I think they might be stealing the extra muscle I put on my shoulders....

I am the same way.  All it takes one set of squats for my legs to grow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Medial Deltoids…bleh

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?