my before/after and still work in progress

• This topic has 8 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Newfiedan
    Participant

fatme-1.jpg I was 200 give or take a lb or 2 herenewfront.jpgthis is me after a bulk then cut phase which is ongoing right now.I had dropped to 158 and was starting to look to "small" in my opinion so I did a bulk phase and got back up to 178 then started cutting again and am now down to 163 but slightly leaner than I was before at 158.

Damon Amato
    Participant

VN, I'm jealous already.

Richard Schmitt

awesome results man! Keep it up!

robhally

WOW! Awesome results. You da man, keep up the good work

Newfiedan
    Participant

Thanks guys, but like I said I am far from done, the thing that sucks is that I have that stubborn belly fat right around my belly button area that just seems to not want to go anywhere lol. I am aiming for a nice cut 6 pack so it is going to take some hard work for me to get there. I am going to look into the carb nite book as I am always looking for that dietary edge to enhance my results. All this has been done just with simple calorie counting and enriching my diet with healthier choices. I do not really believe in restricting what I eat as much as limiting the bad stuff so long as it was within my cal limits. I got myself a bodymedia fit to track my daily burn and it was an eye opener as I was burning around 3500 cals a day which is far over what a guy my size/weight should burn. Mind you my job is very physical walking around 12+miles a day and doing lots of heavy lifting. I work 10 hrs a day 5 days a week and half day saturdays so I really only do weights with minimal added cardio at this point.

Naomi Most

Nice!! thanks for posting these....BodyBugg?  🙂

Newfiedan
    Participant

It is a device that tracks your daily caloric burn and is pretty accurate. I like the fact that it shows how effective my sleep is as well. I have started skipping breakfast this week to see if it enhances my fat loss results as per kiefer's advice and we will see what happens. I am saving the largest portion of my carbs/cals for the end of the day now.

Richard Schmitt

It is a device that tracks your daily caloric burn and is pretty accurate. I like the fact that it shows how effective my sleep is as well. I have started skipping breakfast this week to see if it enhances my fat loss results as per kiefer's advice and we will see what happens. I am saving the largest portion of my carbs/cals for the end of the day now.

Like it monitors your heart rate and stuff? I could really use something like that when I do my HIIT sessions. Where did you get one of these awesome devices?

Naomi Most

Oohhhh I know what it is. You didn't mention it, I saw it in the mirror.  🙂Used to wear one of those back in my cardio daze (2008ish).

Newfiedan
    Participant

Like it monitors your heart rate and stuff? I could really use something like that when I do my HIIT sessions. Where did you get one of these awesome devices?

you can get one at http://www.bodymedia.com/ but you have to pay like 7 bucks a month for the site to show you the graphs unless you download the free the bugg software to read the device. I like the graphs and what not that you get off the site and is well worth the price if you ask me. They are slightly costly (200 ish bucks) but invaluable to track heart rate, sleep, daily caloric burn etc. I am using it to monitor how my body reacts to the no breakfast thing as per kiefer's report that it is not beneficial for fat loss. I am willing to try any theory to see which one works best for me and thus far I do think I am seeing some minor subtle changes with no breakfast and saving my biggest meal for the end of the day. If it does work out for me I may invest in his books.

Richard Schmitt

you can get one at http://www.bodymedia.com/ but you have to pay like 7 bucks a month for the site to show you the graphs unless you download the free the bugg software to read the device. I like the graphs and what not that you get off the site and is well worth the price if you ask me. They are slightly costly (200 ish bucks) but invaluable to track heart rate, sleep, daily caloric burn etc. I am using it to monitor how my body reacts to the no breakfast thing as per kiefer's report that it is not beneficial for fat loss. I am willing to try any theory to see which one works best for me and thus far I do think I am seeing some minor subtle changes with no breakfast and saving my biggest meal for the end of the day. If it does work out for me I may invest in his books.

Thanks for that, I'll be looking into that device. Sounds helpful.

6by6

A bit curious how effective skipping breakfast is according to your device, Please keep us updated.

Newfiedan
    Participant

So 1 week into skipping breakfast and I have yet to see negative results to my metabolic rate. When resting if I eat enough rings in around 1.3-1.5 cals/min and if I do not eat enough I see dips as low as 1.1 cals/min. I did see a marked drop off in my daily burn for the first 2 days though and then slowly climbed back to normal but I believe this was mainly from my adjustment to when and what I eat as skipping breakfast has been a struggle for me. I have always been a big breakfast guy and not eating it was sorely missed the first 3 days. Post day 3 though I adjusted and noticed a pretty marked improvement in mental alertness. I am wide awake now in the mornings and ready to go almost immediately. I am saving my biggest meal (most carbs) for later in the evening so it is staggered now smallest to largest over 5 meals. My first meal is at 10 am (first coffee break) limiting the bulk of my carbs for the supper/dinner meal. I am going to give it a 2nd week, I did notice some definition changes in my ab area this week though minor, I did see a difference.

Hurley

It's cool to see a progress post in cals per minute.

Newfiedan
    Participant

So I am trying out the theory of carb backloading as well as skipping breakfast and it is funny as I see the typical drop in my resting metabolic rate when doing the carb backloading which usually indicates I am not eating enough. I did a set of caliper measurements across the 4 points and the bodyfat caliper measurements were pretty interesting. My chest measurement dropped from a previous record of 6 mm to 2 mm. My suprilliac dropped from 20 to 16. So I am shedding fat with pretty much a zero scale change. Last night post workout I made some pretty big strength gains for the first time in a long time and I am seeing some visual changes I just wish that my abdomen was not the last place I see the results lol. I just could not eat anymore last night without making myself sick. For those who carb backload are you eating mainly simple carbs like sweets and what not? I ate 10 oz of lean turkey and 22 oz of mashed sweet potato as a post workout meal then pounded down an avacado and pumpkin protein shake.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

my before/after and still work in progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?