Paleo Diet

• This topic has 10 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Tex,I think anybody could achieve the same results.  I'm just very fortunate in that I can set all of my lifestyle factors to be completely in alignment with the backloading.  As for the strength "increases", I'm reluctant to attribute them to anything more than beginner gains on the compound lifts (I do a very basic barbell template that is literally "Squat.  Press.  Pull." every workout) but what I WILL say is that CBL has improved my recovery time dramatically and my gains are coming at a faster pace than before.-Adam

Well that is still awesome, and congrats on that. I know I'll get there, and have progress pictures to prove it =D

AdamFiddler

Edit–Just measured again today.  Have lost 3.3% bodyfat in five weeks now doing “Paleo” CBL. -Adam

dmmethod

So I'd like to pose a question.Being Paleo and all, what route do you guys take as far as supps are concerned? Protein powders, creatine and things of the like. I'd like to get some good stuff w/o a bunch of garbage fillers and toxic chemicals included. I know Dave Asprey has upgraded whey on his site but I just can't justify paying almost $100 (w/ shipping) for a powdered food substance. I'm not knocking Dave by any means, I'm just frugal. I'd rather have $100 of grassfed cow. I eat a Paleo/Bulletproof diet already so I'm familiar w/ the limitations on subjects such as this. I have no problem sticking w/ whole real foods. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

So I'd like to pose a question.Being Paleo and all, what route do you guys take as far as supps are concerned? Protein powders, creatine and things of the like. I'd like to get some good stuff w/o a bunch of garbage fillers and toxic chemicals included. I know Dave Asprey has upgraded whey on his site but I just can't justify paying almost $100 (w/ shipping) for a powdered food substance. I'm not knocking Dave by any means, I'm just frugal. I'd rather have $100 of grassfed cow. I eat a Paleo/Bulletproof diet already so I'm familiar w/ the limitations on subjects such as this. I have no problem sticking w/ whole real foods. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

You could look at bluebonnet whey or protein factory for a grass-fed whey isolate.Most of the supplements I take I get from pure bulk, they are all clean and free of fillers.I tend to shop around for the best price for whatever supplement I'm looking for while avoid fillers.NOW foods seems to be a brand I go to a lot, as well as life extension.

dmmethod

Awesome! Thx for getting back to me. I'll check out the protein factory's site. I'm familiar w/ NOW Foods. I like their stuff.

AdamFiddler

http://www.nutrabio.com--All pharmaceutical grade supps no filler(No affiliation, it's just a site I use)-Adam

dmmethod

http://www.nutrabio.com--All pharmaceutical grade supps no filler(No affiliation, it's just a site I use)-Adam

Great, thanks Adam. I'll check them out also 🙂

AdamFiddler

I've used BlueBonnet before and I would go with the Upgraded Whey even though it's a bit more expensive.  Tastes great and has like 1.2x the transferrin content of any other grass-fed whey out there.-Adam

AdamFiddler

Further edit on CBL results combined with “Paleo”/Bulletproof:This is kind of insane, I'm dropping fat every day and am at 9.7% bodyfat now from 14.6% whenever the CBL podcast with Kiefer came out on Bulletproof Exec (I think that was around six weeks ago).-Adam

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Paleo Diet

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?