Protein

• This topic has 8 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Ry Diggs

Haha I love the “too much protein” argument carouselNo one evar knows how much is too much lolIts like trying to figure out whar elephants go when they die or whar pakistanis buy their cars

Caino
    Participant

Haha I love the "too much protein" argument carouselNo one evar knows how much is too much lolIts like trying to figure out whar elephants go when they die or whar pakistanis buy their cars

layne norton has a really good post about this on his site

Peter Hunt
    Participant

There is some evidence that excess protein consumption is linked to increased glucose oxidation, but not to an increase in glucose itself. http://www.ketotic.org/2013/02/protein-ketogenesis-and-glucose.html?m=1

There is evidence that protein does not increase the rate of GNG. There is evidence that I/G, which appears to control glucose production and ketogenesis, does not change in keto dieters when they eat protein. Nonetheless, there are compelling arguments that protein increases glucose oxidation in keto dieters. Experiments will need to be done to reconcile these seeming contradictions.In the meantime, limiting protein to levels that are known to be adequate seems prudent.

Caino
    Participant

hotshot23
    Participant

I think Layne is absolutely correct. For those that disagree, show us the science.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Protein

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?