training to failure

• This topic has 9 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Kevin rogers
    Participant

I train to failiure very often.  On heavy movements, usually the first and second exercise I do, I crank out as many reps as i possibly can, on every single set. Every set is to the death, and with the aim of being better than last week.On the squat and dead, i usually stop short of failiure. I like to train them heavy(singles, doubles, triples), and do alot of sets rather than alot of reps, and make sure that my form and technique is on spot.On lighter movements, especially when i do drop sets, i go way past failiure, using alot of body english.I do not know how productive this is for hypertrophy or strength gains, but I love to do it this way.I train hard and brutal, and I am going to do it until my body and joints wont let me anymore.

I hear you brother. That's pretty much how I have been training. But as I am getting older I'm looking to tone it down a bit or rather getting maximum benefit from the least amount of damage.Kind of like how I used to eat breakfast and many meals throughout the day. And come to find out when the research was brought to our attention that this isn't always the best bang for our buck.

jimbo40

I train to failiure very often.  On heavy movements, usually the first and second exercise I do, I crank out as many reps as i possibly can, on every single set. Every set is to the death, and with the aim of being better than last week.On the squat and dead, i usually stop short of failiure. I like to train them heavy(singles, doubles, triples), and do alot of sets rather than alot of reps, and make sure that my form and technique is on spot.On lighter movements, especially when i do drop sets, i go way past failiure, using alot of body english.I do not know how productive this is for hypertrophy or strength gains, but I love to do it this way.I train hard and brutal, and I am going to do it until my body and joints wont let me anymore.

RagE,Do you notice a difference in your backloads when training beyond failure as opposed to near failure?My curiosity is whether more tglut may be translocated from the additional work despite the end of strength and hypertrophy signaling.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

training to failure

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?