What Program/Training are you doing?

• This topic has 14 voices and 39 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Mjl1030

I was just wondering what everyone on the board is doing as far as training and if you are seeing gains performance wise or in appearance?I am using Shockwave as of right now, still trying to dial in my diet.

Richard Schmitt

I was just wondering what everyone on the board is doing as far as training and if you are seeing gains performance wise or in appearance?I am using Shockwave as of right now, still trying to dial in my diet.

Shockwave is awesome and if you train with good intentions you'll see results. Currently doing a modified twist to PHAT while on CNS. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Wendtbrandon
    Participant

Shockwave I'm at 9.6% bf !!

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Lifting heavy things and putting them down, then lifting slightly less heavy things for more reps to build a muscle base so I can keep making strength gains and get more solid. Basically, I do one or two big compound movements in the 1-5 rep range, then I tend to follow with either higher-rep compounds or accessory work, depending on how I am feeling that day. Have never really stalled in my lifting since I took a break from boxing and dieting like an anorexic chick. I may be a small 150 pound monkey, but I'm a relatively strong and lean monkey. My method obviously works because I constantly tweak it and reassess. Ever since I realized I was a weakling at squats and dead-lifts, I have been doing a lot of that for the past 7 months. I used to do mostly singles, doubles and triples for a high number of sets, but after stalling at 445 on the DL and 425 on the squat, I have been incorporating more accessory stuff to work on weak points.I guess my "program" sounds a bit like PHAT. Big fan of doing weighted chins (at BW + 105 right now) and dips (BW + 205) because they look badass and I have t-rex arms.

because they look badass and I have t-rex arms.

Damn T-rex arms. I got the freakin' monkey arms.I was doing Shockwave.I'm doing a push/pull/leg split right now, but I'll be changing soon once a recover more from a surgery.

MJC

Fst-7

thestiffmeister
    Participant

because they look badass and I have t-rex arms.

Damn T-rex arms. I got the freakin' monkey arms.I was doing Shockwave.I'm doing a push/pull/leg split right now, but I'll be changing soon once a recover more from a surgery.

Doing all that on the same day? Impressive! I would be severely crippled from doing lower body so often. This week I did a let's see how many times I can pull 95% of my 1RM in 30 minutes dead-lift workout, and people were wondering why I was almost crawling to my car after that. Intended to do more but I ditched the push part, had no will to live after that.

Oh god no, I'd die.Push-day1, pull-day2, legs-day3 and that's all I do right now.

robbhensel

I follow Alan Best's Program from violentheropowerlifting.com's program for that combines RAW and GEARED lifting.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Oh god no, I'd die.Push-day1, pull-day2, legs-day3 and that's all I do right now.

My thoughts exactly. For me it's like..bench and squat on the same day, DL is a workout of its own, more back higher-rep tomfoolery on another day and OHP and more squats on another. Big step-down from doing two workouts a day on DB, but after a while my brittle frame was getting beat up. This is definitely less retarded.

My thoughts exactly. For me it's like..bench and squat on the same day, DL is a workout of its own, more back higher-rep tomfoolery on another day and OHP and more squats on another. Big step-down from doing two workouts a day on DB, but after a while my brittle frame was getting beat up. This is definitely less retarded.

I'm gonna be doing 2-a-days in about a month, doing it how poliquin recommends.I'll do it for 4-6 weeks and have a de-load week and then lessen the volume for awhile.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

It definitely gave me excellent results, even back in the day when I was boxing which was too much cardio. Poliquin knows his stuff for sure. Will you be back-loading most days? In my case it was probably just my overall volume that was stupidly high and shaky technique that were the culprits, no the training twice a day part. You should feel awesome with such a routine though!

It definitely gave me excellent results, even back in the day when I was boxing which was too much cardio. Poliquin knows his stuff for sure. Will you be back-loading most days? In my case it was probably just my overall volume that was stupidly high and shaky technique that were the culprits, no the training twice a day part. You should feel awesome with such a routine though!

I'll be backloading 5-6 days a week, I'll add a sixth day a week depending on how I feel.I've done this before and I always thought it was a blast, but I couldn't maintain it well so I'm interested to see how it goes using backloading as well.

Following my standard body-part split training, as I've always done.  Bodybuilding.I design my own plans, b/c I know where I need to bring up certain weaker bodyparts, and what I need to do to maintain normal growth in others that are not behind.That said, I typically fail between 8-12 reps, the final rep-mark depends on the fiber make-up of a particular muscle group.  For instance the chest, in general grows best in the 6-8 range, but the lats work best in the 10-12 range.  Biceps can go as high as 15 reps (10-15 range).  Etc.Generally do 3-4 sets per exercise, at a tempo of 2-1-4 per rep.  Rest is "as needed" (enough to recover a bit of strength + breath) -- usually 30-90 sec.  I work in a 4-5 day split, generally.Gotta find what works best for you.Cory

Tomahawk

What I have been doing lately is Shockwave plus an extra leg day. The leg day has been 531 squat. A while back I was doing a 531 press day, but that got to be too much. Plus I ended up CBL almost every night. Not what I need at this body fat %.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What Program/Training are you doing?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?