What Program/Training are you doing?

• This topic has 14 voices and 39 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

SuperBrainy

im doing a 5x5 variation with cluster style reps for the 5x5.anyone ever done these?

sounds intresting. How does a typical training day look like?

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Anyone ever try a jay cutler or Ronnie Coleman type of training split?

I did Coleman's 6day training split back in the day when I was training with my military buddies. It was rough as fuck but worth the results. Ran it for 3 months and got burned out

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

jigga

I ran Cutler's 2009 Olympia FST-7 program once... just for fun.  Did it for a month.  Heavy volume, even more than I usually can swallow... but, it was a nice shock.Ronnie's routine has WAY too much volume for someone not using juice.Cory

I've been running 5/3/1 for about six months... I've gained a lot of strength and broken some prs... but miss the volume... I've tweaked it again and again, but basically just kept adding to it... even added wendlers 100 rep challenge as a finisher...now im at the point where i think i may be overtraining..I am considering going to a program more geared for bodybuilding... I've looked into fst7... and phat... but I basically have ocd and need to lift at least six days a week... what are your ideas or thoughts on this?

I ran Cutler's 2009 Olympia FST-7 program once... just for fun.  Did it for a month.  Heavy volume, even more than I usually can swallow... but, it was a nice shock.Ronnie's routine has WAY too much volume for someone not using juice.Cory

I've been running 5/3/1 for about six months... I've gained a lot of strength and broken some prs... but miss the volume... I've tweaked it again and again, but basically just kept adding to it... even added wendlers 100 rep challenge as a finisher...now im at the point where i think i may be overtraining..I am considering going to a program more geared for bodybuilding... I've looked into fst7... and phat... but I basically have ocd and need to lift at least six days a week... what are your ideas or thoughts on this?

Firstly, check out:  http://www.simplyshredded.com/...full of inspiring interviews, photos and workouts!  A lot of those guys are using 5-6 day splits.Definitely try Cutler's 2009 FST-7 Olympia routine, it is good shit.  The volume is pretty fucking high, especially on leg day.  I ran it natty (w/ slightly modified leg day), and put on solid muscle (1 month put on nearly 1/2 inch on my upper arms).FST-7 is just awesome!  It works!  You might also consider Y3T by Neil Hill.I still think Coleman's routine is too much for a 'non-gear' lifter.Cory

jigga

Firstly, check out:  http://www.simplyshredded.com/...full of inspiring interviews, photos and workouts!  A lot of those guys are using 5-6 day splits.Definitely try Cutler's 2009 FST-7 Olympia routine, it is good shit.  The volume is pretty fucking high, especially on leg day.  I ran it natty (w/ slightly modified leg day), and put on solid muscle (1 month put on nearly 1/2 inch on my upper arms).FST-7 is just awesome!  It works!  You might also consider Y3T by Neil Hill.I still think Coleman's routine is too much for a 'non-gear' lifter.Cory

Thanks for the input Cory....I really appreciate it!

RicH

Hey,Dorian Yate's Blood and Guts is the program I'm running at the moment, I've tweaked it just a tad though to add marginally more volume.  Since I train in my garage I can't follow this program for legs so I've taken some ideas from DoggCrapp and have put together a program for leg day and added some traps in there too.Seeing good results in strength and size so am generally pleased with the results so far.Am on CBL and have been for several months now, it's just awesome! I can tweak it how I like and have far better control over my eating habits.  Mass is my goal so I'm happy to accept a slight increase in bf but although I'm back loading like a beast, bf isn't noticeably increasing (currently around 12% I reckon).I plan on swithing my training in a few weeks to DoggCrapp, I'm intrigued.  I know Kiefer doesn't recommend it for CBL due to its emphasis on eccentric movements but, from what I've read, from a post from Dante himself (DC Training Creator) it doesn't seem heavily eccentric at all.  He talks about controlling the eccentric phase, not prolonging it.  I have read some posts from others using DC who state that a full 8s negative is what's used but I don't think this is the general consensus.This is similar to how people often view Yate's methods.  People tend to view his methods as being eccentric (although this may be due to the association with Mentzer) but they don't seem that way to me.  Sure he throws in some forced, half, and partial reps but nothing OTT.  I can only comment, however, on my experience and I'm seeing good results.I plan on posting on my results with DC Training.Rich.

GiantGonads

I've been running 5/3/1 for about six months... I've gained a lot of strength and broken some prs... but miss the volume... I've tweaked it again and again, but basically just kept adding to it... even added wendlers 100 rep challenge as a finisher...now im at the point where i think i may be overtraining..I am considering going to a program more geared for bodybuilding... I've looked into fst7... and phat... but I basically have ocd and need to lift at least six days a week... what are your ideas or thoughts on this?What about using X Reps - http://www.zanderbilt.com/cml/XRepCompleteLibrary/BeyondX-Rep.pdf

TheDude825

I've been running 5/3/1 for about six months... I've gained a lot of strength and broken some prs... but miss the volume... I've tweaked it again and again, but basically just kept adding to it... even added wendlers 100 rep challenge as a finisher...now im at the point where i think i may be overtraining..I am considering going to a program more geared for bodybuilding... I've looked into fst7... and phat... but I basically have ocd and need to lift at least six days a week... what are your ideas or thoughts on this?What about using X Reps - http://www.zanderbilt.com/cml/XRepCompleteLibrary/BeyondX-Rep.pdfI am in a similar situation and have been thinking about switching to a 5 day bodybuilding split for the winter.  I am curious to see the responses to this.  What is your favorite bodybuilding split guys?

jsmith

im doing a 5x5 variation with cluster style reps for the 5x5.anyone ever done these?

sounds intresting. How does a typical training day look like?

didn't see this until recently. i start my workout with 5 sets of 5 using the cluster method. Usually its bench press. over head pres, deadlift, or squat. Then ill follow up with assistance movements. so its not really the traditional 5x5 like everyone knows. gained good strength though after about 6 weeks. im currently running the i bodybuilder routine i got off of t nation.

edzo69

Just started shockwave, with a touch of Westside. So on chest/bi's day I will do a ME press (changing every week) after a warmup. Then on Back day when shockwave calls for DB bench press I will do this DE style, I have also added volume to the main lift, something like  3 x 5, 3 x 3, 3 – 5 x 1 (depending on how I feel). Like I said only just started so will give an update.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What Program/Training are you doing?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?