Best program You’ve ever tried.

• This topic has 13 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

acarnovale

Is the 5x5 pretty ideal towards CBL SA? Just curious about different programs. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Without a doubt. A 5x5 program like starting strength has you lifting heavy sets of 5 every workout and packs on muscle like you wouldn't believe. I think the genius in this is the fact you squat every workout.

Richard Schmitt

Ooooh =)Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

acarnovale

If you're interested in a good 5×5 program you have to go out and buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. One of the best training books I have ever read with a simple and brutally effective program included. You would definitely need to back-load on this program.

Richard Schmitt

If you're interested in a good 5x5 program you have to go out and buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. One of the best training books I have ever read with a simple and brutally effective program included. You would definitely need to back-load on this program.

I think I'll expand my knowledge and purchase this book. Would do great to learn how to get stronger. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

gmnick

Westside has always delivered results if I'm able to keep everything outside of training in line (i.e. eating & sleeping enough). Sadly, I haven't had a proper power rack for several years (living in South Korea) so I've been making very small gains with 5/3/1, some modifications I made to WSM & some recent playing with Dan John & Pavel's Easy Strength program.Just returning to WSM and it's good to feel some proper weight on the bar regularly again.

Space Ghost

Short and simple:What is THE best program in case of hypertrophy for YOU. That worked best, you put on a lot of muscle.Preferably with CBL on board!Cheers!

I receives the best results with High Frequency Training - Lifting everyday, seven Days a week with three compound exercises (leg/hip, pull, push) each workout and assistance work optional. My workout yesterday looked like this:romanian deadlift, heavy (7, 6, 5, 5, 5 reps)dumbbell shoulder press seated, medium (9, 8, 7, 6, 5 reps)one arm dumbbell row, light (12, 10, 9, 9, 8, reps)barbell drag curls, light (don't remember the reps, haven't got my notebook here right now)Today I feel likeFront or Goblet Squatsdumbbell bench pressand some heavy chin ups.

maxwkw

Last summer and fall I had the best results doing pretty high volume, but waving the weeks (kind of like 5/3/1) but I used 3/5/8/10 and waved the sets like 3×6/5×5/8×4/10×3, but for deadlifts I just did 1,2,3,5 (I hate multiple rep deads)typical week looked like this.day 1 shouldersmilitary press 3/5/8/10 (changing each week)lateral/rear delt raisedb shoulder presschinsday2 backdeadlifts 1/2/3/5chinsbarbell rowscable rowslat pull downKroc rowsday3 legssquat 3/5/8/10front squatleg pressGHRleg extensionday4 chestbench press 3/5/8/10db benchincline db pressflycurlspressdown

jsmith

I found this routine in an M&F issue a while back and i really enjoyed it. Im currently doing the heavy duty shockwave, but in a couple of weeks when i change things up I'm going back to this. Metroflex Massive.http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0801/is_7_72/ai_n57777214/

Nicholas E bucci
    Participant

Due to old football injuries, I typically err on the side of Hypertrophy training rather then strongman/power training, and my favorite routine was also found through a Muscle and Fitness article… I kind of bastardized it to make it my own but it was originally called “Need & Feed”. The concept is you perform 3-4 high intensity, low volume exercises to beat up on your muscles (need), then perform 3-4 high rep, short rest lifts to get the blood flowing to the area for a pump and to jump start the healing process (feed).  For example, on my shoulder day I do the following:NeedStanding Military 5x5Upright row 5x6Shrugs 4x8-10DB military 4x6-8FeedDB Lateral 3x20 (30 sec rest)Rear delt fly's 3x20 (30 sec)Unilateral Machine Press 3xFail (no rest--switch back and forth between arms going to failure 3 times with each arm)I'm always spent afterwards, with an awesome pump. I've done it in the past, but I've got some bad-arse results combining it with CBL for the past 6 weeks.

Chuck

That actually makes sense the NEED TO FEED, going to try it.

TheDan
    Participant

” Too tough “……… ” Makes life he'll ” …. Sounds like my happy place, I have to check this out.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best program You’ve ever tried.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?