Carb Backloading Launch: DECEMBER 9th

• This topic has 16 voices and 129 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
  • Author

zjelo

I bet it's going to be postponed again …

Richard Schmitt

Good anticipation!Just finished Carb nite and I have to say that is one mammoth resource.Peg Leg

its enormous.

Yeah I have to keep reading it in order to understand somethings, but I'm confused on the main subject, the night when you actually have a Carb Nite, or Back-load on Carbs...the whole timing process, what to take in order to help keep fat loss going, when to take in the Carbs (so it won't back fire the next morning, or the entire month). Because I workout, take my PWO shake (told to put some fat into it to keep insulin levels low for the continuing of fat burning), then what? I mean for dinner how long should one wait for? Are they allowed to eat a sugary Carb with their protein filled dinner? Or have a regular dinner with a normal Carb source, then 30 minutes, an hour, or two later intake on the sugary Carbs? That's where I'm really confused on

all2prodigal

Good anticipation!Just finished Carb nite and I have to say that is one mammoth resource.Peg Leg

its enormous.

Yeah I have to keep reading it in order to understand somethings, but I'm confused on the main subject, the night when you actually have a Carb Nite, or Back-load on Carbs...the whole timing process, what to take in order to help keep fat loss going, when to take in the Carbs (so it won't back fire the next morning, or the entire month). Because I workout, take my PWO shake (told to put some fat into it to keep insulin levels low for the continuing of fat burning), then what? I mean for dinner how long should one wait for? Are they allowed to eat a sugary Carb with their protein filled dinner? Or have a regular dinner with a normal Carb source, then 30 minutes, an hour, or two later intake on the sugary Carbs? That's where I'm really confused on

I know the book is coming out any minute (crossing fingers), but here are some answers I believe to be correct. PWO shake should be devoid of fat b/c you want maximum carb uptake into your muscles. Fat just slows this down. Kiefer's own PWO shakes have zero fat. Carb Backloading is essentially the Carb Nite Diet w/more frequent, shorter Carb Nites on lifting days. During the actual Carb Nite diet, the once a week Carb Nite lasts between 6-8 hrs. On heavy lifting days during CB, carb intake is limited to 4-6 hrs. Maximum carb uptake peaks at about 1hr. after a heavy training session. So consuming the PWO shake 30 min to 1 hr. after the end of your session is ideal. You should try and limit fat intake after lifting- definitely no fat in your PWO shake, and a lean protein with carbs for dinner, roughly 2 hrs after your PWO shake. Does that mean no fat in your dessert later on? Hell no! But again, overdoing it by eating a sleeve of Oreos, rather than half a sleeve and a bagel and banana will only slow your progress.

Naomi Most

So book?? Today? Yes? =D=D=D

As far as I know, yes. The final edits happened last night, now it's out of my hands. I think we're waiting on approval from the publishing company. Kiefer's going through the same company as he used for Carb Nite. Not much I can do other than keep the natives from getting too restless...  😀

Richard Schmitt

its enormous.

I know the book is coming out any minute (crossing fingers), but here are some answers I believe to be correct. PWO shake should be devoid of fat b/c you want maximum carb uptake into your muscles. Fat just slows this down. Kiefer's own PWO shakes have zero fat. Carb Backloading is essentially the Carb Nite Diet w/more frequent, shorter Carb Nites on lifting days. During the actual Carb Nite diet, the once a week Carb Nite lasts between 6-8 hrs. On heavy lifting days during CB, carb intake is limited to 4-6 hrs. Maximum carb uptake peaks at about 1hr. after a heavy training session. So consuming the PWO shake 30 min to 1 hr. after the end of your session is ideal. You should try and limit fat intake after lifting- definitely no fat in your PWO shake, and a lean protein with carbs for dinner, roughly 2 hrs after your PWO shake. Does that mean no fat in your dessert later on? Hell no! But again, overdoing it by eating a sleeve of Oreos, rather than half a sleeve and a bagel and banana will only slow your progress.

Holy Fucking Shit...I've been doing CB wrong for the last couple weeks D'= I would take my protein shake (Dymatize ISO 100, ordered the Elite Whey Protein because a member mentioned hydroisolate is ideal but straight whey protein is best) directly after lifting, go get chow and eat it within 30-45 minutes of taking my protein shake. my meal will have lean protein, with bread or rice or pasta. then I would smack down on the desserts...I didn't know that after working out take the PWO shake, THEN wait roughly two hours before dinner to eat...I eat 30 grams or less of Carbs everyday pre-workout...so I know I've been doing that right, having certain fats with protein...coffee will have coconut oil, so PWO will not have coconut oil. So should I take in anything besides my PWO shake? I don't have any Carbs in it. Just 106 calories and 25 grams of protein. Thanks man...I really appreciate it and I see now where i fucked up...

Richard Schmitt

As far as I know, yes. The final edits happened last night, now it's out of my hands. I think we're waiting on approval from the publishing company. Kiefer's going through the same company as he used for Carb Nite. Not much I can do other than keep the natives from getting too restless...  😀

AWESOME! Thank you Naomi! I wish I could send an appreciation card or something to you and Kiefer...I've got some Christmas cards I'm more than willing to send y'all saying "Thank you for all the hard work, and most appreciated effort that was put into everything, the website, the book, the software, keeping up with us. Thank you!"

Hurley

Man, with the frenzy people are in around here, its like we're waiting for Moses to show up with the tablets so we know how to live our lives

Naomi Most

Man, with the frenzy people are in around here, its like we're waiting for Moses to show up with the tablets so we know how to live our lives

You know, I TOLD Kiefer he should just write "The Ten Commandments of Carb Back-Loading" and be done with it.

all2prodigal

its enormous.

Holy Fucking Shit...I've been doing CB wrong for the last couple weeks D'= I would take my protein shake (Dymatize ISO 100, ordered the Elite Whey Protein because a member mentioned hydroisolate is ideal but straight whey protein is best) directly after lifting, go get chow and eat it within 30-45 minutes of taking my protein shake. my meal will have lean protein, with bread or rice or pasta. then I would smack down on the desserts...I didn't know that after working out take the PWO shake, THEN wait roughly two hours before dinner to eat...I eat 30 grams or less of Carbs everyday pre-workout...so I know I've been doing that right, having certain fats with protein...coffee will have coconut oil, so PWO will not have coconut oil. So should I take in anything besides my PWO shake? I don't have any Carbs in it. Just 106 calories and 25 grams of protein. Thanks man...I really appreciate it and I see now where i fucked up...

I would definitely insert 40-100 g of carbs in your PWO shake, depending on your weight. Also, supplementing your shake with 5g of Leucine, and another 5g for every meal thereafter is what Kiefer recommends, according to the articles I have read. Simply put, Leucine post workout=muscle and is inexpensive. Here is a sample meal plan of Kiefer's after he came back from a trip where he overindulged a bit:Breakfast: SkipMeal 1, 9am: Eggs, ham, cheese, tomatoes, protein shakeMeal 2, noon: beef,  broccoli with butter, almonds, protein shakeMeal 3, 2pm: low-fat cottage cheese, almond butter, strawberries, protein shake, creatineMeal 4, 4pm: Post workout shake containing roughly 60 grams of protein and 150 grams of carbsMeal 5: 6pm: chicken, green beans, riceMeal 6: 9pm: shit load of non-wheat, low-fat carbs (sweet rice cakes, my personal recipe for non-fat mashed potatoes), protein shakeThis was his meal plan when he wanted to slim down from his trip. Notice this is still a CB meal plan and not Carb Nite. Also note Kiefer is anywhere between 220-230 lbs. I imagine he pumped some iron after his 2PM snack. Of course, I am no expert in CB, but I'm pretty confident this is correct. For pure hypertrophy, one would have breakfast and  switch out sweet mashed potatoes for a crapload of baked goodies! At least I would....

PegLeg

its enormous.

It would seem you have your answers 🙂But bear in mind that Kiefer has said that this is primarily for gaining mass without the usual fat gain and is not mainly for a fat loss program (see CN for that), it just so happens that some people have managed to lose fat whilst on this CB.PegLeg

Richard Schmitt

I would definitely insert 40-100 g of carbs in your PWO shake, depending on your weight. Also, supplementing your shake with 5g of Leucine, and another 5g for every meal thereafter is what Kiefer recommends, according to the articles I have read. Simply put, Leucine post workout=muscle and is inexpensive. Here is a sample meal plan of Kiefer's after he came back from a trip where he overindulged a bit:Breakfast: SkipMeal 1, 9am: Eggs, ham, cheese, tomatoes, protein shakeMeal 2, noon: beef,  broccoli with butter, almonds, protein shakeMeal 3, 2pm: low-fat cottage cheese, almond butter, strawberries, protein shake, creatineMeal 4, 4pm: Post workout shake containing roughly 60 grams of protein and 150 grams of carbsMeal 5: 6pm: chicken, green beans, riceMeal 6: 9pm: shit load of non-wheat, low-fat carbs (sweet rice cakes, my personal recipe for non-fat mashed potatoes), protein shakeThis was his meal plan when he wanted to slim down from his trip. Notice this is still a CB meal plan and not Carb Nite. Also note Kiefer is anywhere between 220-230 lbs. I imagine he pumped some iron after his 2PM snack. Of course, I am no expert in CB, but I'm pretty confident this is correct. For pure hypertrophy, one would have breakfast and  switch out sweet mashed potatoes for a crapload of baked goodies! At least I would....

Do you know a good PWO Carb Source for that insulin spike needed for Carb-Backloading? I don't have any of that Carb Powered stuff, just regular whey protein. Because if that's the case to get a real CB going, I'm suppose to take my scoop of protein, with leucine, and a carb powder for PWO then meal two hours later because the insulin levels are low again, and won't gain fat? Good God I need this book...I want to gain muscle, but prevent fat gain, and lose fat so I can see my abs again.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Answering burning forum questions that eager book purchasers are yearning for would ease my restlessness for sure.

all2prodigal

Do you know a good PWO Carb Source for that insulin spike needed for Carb-Backloading? I don't have any of that Carb Powered stuff, just regular whey protein. Because if that's the case to get a real CB going, I'm suppose to take my scoop of protein, with leucine, and a carb powder for PWO then meal two hours later because the insulin levels are low again, and won't gain fat? Good God I need this book...I want to gain muscle, but prevent fat gain, and lose fat so I can see my abs again.

Here ya go: http://www.nesquik.com/adults/products/nesquikpowder/chocolate109oz.aspx#nice, simple, cheap, tasty....

Richard Schmitt

I appreciate the link, I'll see if the PX here has anything like that or close to it. Alright, so a carb source is needed in a PWO shake along with Leucine, THEN eat a dinner consisting of protein and a good carb source two hours later…alright getting this down. Would a bagel work too?

PegLeg

I appreciate the link, I'll see if the PX here has anything like that or close to it. Alright, so a carb source is needed in a PWO shake along with Leucine, THEN eat a dinner consisting of protein and a good carb source two hours later...alright getting this down. Would a bagel work too?

Yes a bagel will spike that ole insulin!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Backloading Launch: DECEMBER 9th

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?