CarbNite doubts

• This topic has 26 voices and 98 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

I'd have to get blood tested for that then =/ oh boy more tests…Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

zewski

I doubt it's your thyroid considering you're young and your body can most likely bounce back from extreme dieting (I'm in the same situation). Tex, I think it's mostly in your head. If you're really 11-13% then you should look pretty lean with visible abs coming through. Just believe in the process and stop trying to figure out what's wrong. The more you concentrate on it with your defeated attitude you're ONLY going to see bad results. Because that's what you're looking for!There's a difference between hoping for the best, and actually expecting it. CBL and CNS work, don't complicate things, BELIEVE in the process, and you'll see results  🙂

Richard Schmitt

Well the whole 11-13% is calculated through calipers with a 4-point method. Even had my brother help and verify the measurements. I posted up pictures…Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

cheflady

I actually posted here a few days ago about not having lost anything (not one single pound!) in the 3 weeks that I've been on carb nite. I was given some GREAT advice to cut down on the nuts, remove the hwc (and dairy in general) in my morning coffee and to drop all the fiber I was taking. I've done all three of those things and am now down a full pound. This leads me to believe that everyone is different and a few tweaks here and there can make a big difference. Even with the tweaks I've made though, I don't think I'm eating enough (several commenters pointed that out). My problem is that, eating this way, I'm just not hungry. I have to work at getting in 1500 calories a day and it was suggested that I try to get to 2,000. Any advice? I try to make all my meals high calorie, i.e. beef over chicken or chicken with bacon, etc. Still, I literally have no appetite half the time. Maybe I should try adding butter to every thing I do eat??

Craig jones
    Participant

Pork is a good food choice as well as the beef. Chicken not so good, go for fattier cuts of meat. Not that you should avoid chicken but there are better and cheaper choices. I eat a lot of ribs and even pork rib steaks are beautiful. I do think under eating will effect your results and in my girl friends case she even put weight on. She's been doing it a few weeks now and it's amazing how easy the diet is but also how easy it is to fuck it up.Stick to the basics and don't expect to be ripped in 3 weeks. Don't be afraid of fatThis is a fat loss program not a weight loss program so don't get addicted to the scale. Fed up of my girl friend saying I only lost 1ld, but the fact her close are hanging off her doesnt occur to her.3 meals aday has been optimum for my girl friend so I wouldn't recommend less but everyone's different and meal portions differ.

Kiefer
    Participant

The major points here (and I'm paraphrasing from everyone without attribution, but you can figure it out):1) The most successful people on CN do not cut calories, nor are they afraid of fat.2) Everybody and every body is different; but there are common factors, like too much dairy (cheese is normally the first thing I strip from a 'tough-case'), to many plant fats (nuts, almond butter, olive oil, ...) and the wrong type of fiber source (psyllium fiber and leafy-greens are top culprits). You need to figure out which ones work for you and which ones don't.3) How crazy you can go on the actual Carb Nite depends greatly on how fat you USED to be and how muscular you currently are. If you're leaning out and you're chunks, you don't need to worry. If you've lost 40 lbs (especially on another diet and you're transitioning to CN), you need to be more cognizant of your refeeds and staging the macro breakdown appropriately. If you're jacked, there's really not much you do wrong on a Carb Nite.4) The scale is the great deceiver. Some people (typically older women) don't even see a weight change for up to 6 weeks (after the initial 10 days). But their clothes fit better and different and muscle definition suddenly comes in. These diets (both CBL and CN) create true physical recomposition of the body, so the scale becomes a literally useless tool.

dmmethod

The major points here (and I'm paraphrasing from everyone without attribution, but you can figure it out):1) The most successful people on CN do not cut calories, nor are they afraid of fat.2) Everybody and every body is different; but there are common factors, like too much dairy (cheese is normally the first thing I strip from a 'tough-case'), to many plant fats (nuts, almond butter, olive oil, ...) and the wrong type of fiber source (psyllium fiber and leafy-greens are top culprits). You need to figure out which ones work for you and which ones don't.3) How crazy you can go on the actual Carb Nite depends greatly on how fat you USED to be and how muscular you currently are. If you're leaning out and you're chunks, you don't need to worry. If you've lost 40 lbs (especially on another diet and you're transitioning to CN), you need to be more cognizant of your refeeds and staging the macro breakdown appropriately. If you're jacked, there's really not much you do wrong on a Carb Nite.4) The scale is the great deceiver. Some people (typically older women) don't even see a weight change for up to 6 weeks (after the initial 10 days). But their clothes fit better and different and muscle definition suddenly comes in. These diets (both CBL and CN) create true physical recomposition of the body, so the scale becomes a literally useless tool.

Chunks?

sebiff
    Participant

I guess he meant “big guy”… nvm  ;D

Kiefer
    Participant

chunks = chunky = fat

zewski

Sorry if this question is too specific…You mentioned that if someone is starting carb nite off the heels of another diet that resulted in significant weightloss they need to make adjustments. If that same person went through a period gaining back some weight, does that still apply? So if you lost a lot of weight on a crash diet to the point of an unhealthy low and have since gained weight back (both fat and muscle), should you take a more moderate approach to carb nite? Also what did you mean by "staging the macro breakdown appropriately"

Kaprice

Kiefer, I LOVE that you're back to participating, here. I hope you keep it up, even when you get your staff sussed out.You said,

(psyllium fiber and leafy-greens are top culprits)

These are bad? I thought these were two of the better things to take in during the low carb portions.

baku16

So, what is the good source of fiber? Kind of running out of options here:) Avocados?

Craig jones
    Participant

So, what is the good source of fiber? Kind of running out of options here:) Avocados?

Steeling a quote from kiefer here. Bare in mind this was in regard to the detox plan and not about fiber..Plus, honestly, if I never eat tuna (other than ahi-steaks), I'll be happy. And avocado may be fatty, but it's not a good source of fat: it's mostly monounsaturated which is the fat cells favorite type of fat to store.So probably a good reason not to have them appear too often in your diet.

sckiely
    Participant

I actually think fibre is a little over rated. Most of my clients and myself get most of our fibre from veg like peppers, asparagus, broccoli and spinach. I hate lettuce etc.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I actually think fibre is a little over rated. Most of my clients and myself get most of our fibre from veg like peppers, asparagus, broccoli and spinach. I hate lettuce etc.

ya, most of the reason people think they need so much fiber, is because they eat so much fiber.  #mindfuck

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CarbNite doubts

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?