CarbNite doubts

• This topic has 26 voices and 98 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

So, what is the good source of fiber? Kind of running out of options here:) Avocados?

Steeling a quote from kiefer here. Bare in mind this was in regard to the detox plan and not about fiber..Plus, honestly, if I never eat tuna (other than ahi-steaks), I'll be happy. And avocado may be fatty, but it's not a good source of fat: it's mostly monounsaturated which is the fat cells favorite type of fat to store.So probably a good reason not to have them appear too often in your diet.

Also to add to that, he stated that with tuna and avocados can cause inflammation. So I would be careful with the two...really enjoyed tuna and started to enjoy avocados haha. Who knew.

nickl413

I was eating avocados about 4 times a week for about a month and saw no results.  I have since made an effort to cut all plant fats out (except coconut of course) and the fat is starting to come off again.

dmmethod

I was eating avocados about 4 times a week for about a month and saw no results.  I have since made an effort to cut all plant fats out (except coconut of course) and the fat is starting to come off again.

Same thing here. It's like the diet totally stalled. So I finished my last avocado last night and I'm marking those off the "OK" list.

Richard Schmitt

See that's what happened to me too! Avocados are the devil!

robbie78

Now avocados are Bad for you? hey I have a new diet it's called ” you can't eat anything you fat bastard”. Honestly, I'm no nutritionist, personal trainer, physicist ………..but at the end of the day/week, it's the amount of calories macronutrients consumed compared to your individual BMR. Period.

Now avocados are Bad for you? hey I have a new diet it's called " you can't eat anything you fat bastard". Honestly, I'm no nutritionist, personal trainer, physicist ...........but at the end of the day/week, it's the amount of calories macronutrients consumed compared to your individual BMR. Period.

Many of us have proved that's wrong.There are people here that eat 5000+ k/cals 5 days out of the week and have measurably decreased their BF%

Craig jones
    Participant

Now avocados are Bad for you? hey I have a new diet it's called " you can't eat anything you fat bastard". Honestly, I'm no nutritionist, personal trainer, physicist ...........but at the end of the day/week, it's the amount of calories macronutrients consumed compared to your individual BMR. Period.

I will respectfully disagree. If you believe that why do CBL or carbnite? If that was so, it would be easy and this site wouldn't exist and you and me wouldn't be here trying to learn how to lose body fat. Period

nickl413

Ya apparently the types of fat we consume make a difference for fat loss.  Kiefer needs to write a new article:  Logic Does Not Apply IV: A gram of fat is a gram of fat.

dmmethod

Yeah, I also have to respectfully disagree. I've been been doing 6000kcals on my CarbNites & upwards of 3000kcals daily and according to "Scientific BMR Guidelines" I'd be a big fatass. 6'2"/198/12% <---? Not fat. CNS+Eat(tweak)+Eat More=Lean

robbie78

Your true BMR is individual not a cookie cutter formula that gives an estimate. Many of you have said that you consume 3500cals,4500cals and 5000cals a day with no fat gain, you guys are lucky your BMR is so high. Now add 1000cals to that and let me know if you do not gain any fat?

Craig jones
    Participant

Read the science. A calorie is not a calorie. Interested to know what success you have had with cutting calories?

Damon Amato
    Participant

Yeah, I also have to respectfully disagree. I've been been doing 6000kcals on my CarbNites & upwards of 3000kcals daily and according to "Scientific BMR Guidelines" I'd be a big fatass. 6'2"/198/12% <---? Not fat. CNS+Eat(tweak)+Eat More=Lean

that's a great equation.

dmmethod

that's a great equation.

Ha! Thx d$

Pete

Oh no.. I love avocados  :'(

robbie78

Read the science. A calorie is not a calorie. Interested to know what success you have had with cutting calories?

Your correct, in my original post I stated macronutrients. If you are not gaining fat at 180g of fat per day add another 50g (estimate)to that, I guarantee  you will gain fat. At some point the laws of thermodynamics have to come in to play, that point is different for everybody and key to losing or gaining.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CarbNite doubts

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?