CoryMcC’s progress photos (or rather, vanity photos)…

• This topic has 18 voices and 125 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 126 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

Men's Health magazine isn't much better.  They push the ideal male body as looking like Justin Beiber, Zach Efron or Robert Pattison.  😮Their idea of muscular is Brad Pitt, in Fight Club.  To me, that's just ripped, NOT muscular.You want muscular in modern Hollywood?  How about The Rock, Vin Diesel and John Cena.  Hell, Wahlberg is getting QUITE jacked, too!Cory

Wahlberg was actually very muscular about 15 years ago.  He actually considered himself a bodybuilder back then.  Look at his modeling pictures for Calvin Klein (no homo) he had awesome physique.

Wahlberg is definitely a lifter!  Always considered him as such.Rock and Wahlberg will be in this new movie coming out called "Pain and Gain" by Michael Bay.  Wahlberg is looking pretty huge!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/The plot synopsis reads:  "A pair of bodybuilders in Florida get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong." Comes out the month of my birthday (April 2013)!  Might take myself to the theater.  😀Cory

i saw the youtube video of the set pictures they took and some footage but i don't know... do you really think they look like actual "bodybuilders" though? 

Maybe not freaky IFBB Pro types, but Rock had 19-inch arms this past year, and that ain't too shabby -- and Wahlberg was looking about the same size in those photos.  I consider anyone who builds their body (taking it seriously) to be a bodybuilder.I respect both men.Cory

i thought wallberg looked kinda small... especially compared to the Rock -  I don't know, i just figured "bodybuilder" to be all veiny and grossly large.

Men's Health magazine isn't much better.  They push the ideal male body as looking like Justin Beiber, Zach Efron or Robert Pattison.  😮Their idea of muscular is Brad Pitt, in Fight Club.  To me, that's just ripped, NOT muscular.You want muscular in modern Hollywood?  How about The Rock, Vin Diesel and John Cena.  Hell, Wahlberg is getting QUITE jacked, too!Cory

Wahlberg was actually very muscular about 15 years ago.  He actually considered himself a bodybuilder back then.  Look at his modeling pictures for Calvin Klein (no homo) he had awesome physique.

Wahlberg is definitely a lifter!  Always considered him as such.Rock and Wahlberg will be in this new movie coming out called "Pain and Gain" by Michael Bay.  Wahlberg is looking pretty huge!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/The plot synopsis reads:  "A pair of bodybuilders in Florida get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong." Comes out the month of my birthday (April 2013)!  Might take myself to the theater.  😀Cory

i saw the youtube video of the set pictures they took and some footage but i don't know... do you really think they look like actual "bodybuilders" though? 

Maybe not freaky IFBB Pro types, but Rock had 19-inch arms this past year, and that ain't too shabby -- and Wahlberg was looking about the same size in those photos.  I consider anyone who builds their body (taking it seriously) to be a bodybuilder.I respect both men.Cory

i thought wallberg looked kinda small... especially compared to the Rock -  I don't know, i just figured "bodybuilder" to be all veiny and grossly large.

I guess the definition varies.    I mean, there are naturals, too -- who don't poses the rope veins, and aren't as shredded (w/o the drugs).The photo I saw, which I'd have to dig up (I shared them on my FB wall), Wahlberg looked pretty close to Rock (at least his arms) at the angle of the shot... if Rock is still ~19-inches, then Wahlberg has to be at least 18, maybe 19 himself.Cory

Big_R
    Participant

I guess the definition varies.    I mean, there are naturals, too -- who don't poses the rope veins, and aren't as shredded (w/o the drugs).The photo I saw, which I'd have to dig up (I shared them on my FB wall), Wahlberg looked pretty close to Rock (at least his arms) at the angle of the shot... if Rock is still ~19-inches, then Wahlberg has to be at least 18, maybe 19 himself.Cory

I've seen some amazing natural bodybuilders - they just have a certain look that says 'i'm not just big... im fucking big AND cut up!'  Just my opinion i guess... they both are big and beefy, but i don't see that bodybuilding "wow" factor

I've seen some amazing natural bodybuilders - they just have a certain look that says 'i'm not just big... im fucking big AND cut up!'  Just my opinion i guess... they both are big and beefy, but i don't see that bodybuilding "wow" factor

Fair enough.Dunno why they didn't cast Vin Diesel.  He keeps getting bigger and bigger since Pitch Black.Cory

Big_R
    Participant

Fair enough.Dunno why they didn't cast Vin Diesel.  He keeps getting bigger and bigger since Pitch Black.Cory

do you know who the guy is in the "bodybuilder directing traffic" commercial?  that guy was F*** huge!

do you know who the guy is in the "bodybuilder directing traffic" commercial?  that guy was F*** huge!

Yeah, he is pretty big.  Not sure who he is, though.  Might be a newcomer / amateur?  Some of those NPC guys are pretty fucking big, despite not having a pro-card.Cory

Big_R
    Participant

Yeah, he is pretty big.  Not sure who he is, though.  Might be a newcomer / amateur?  Some of those NPC guys are pretty fucking big, despite not having a pro-card.Cory

LOL  my wife thinks im retarded for watching that commercial over and over.  it's hilarious though - i think it's the same guy in the planet fitness commercial with the jacked white dude.  not sure though.  but yea

LOL  my wife thinks im retarded for watching that commercial over and over.  it's hilarious though - i think it's the same guy in the planet fitness commercial with the jacked white dude.  not sure though.  but yea

LOL @ watching that commercial over-and-over.  ;DCory

Cmo

Pretty sure the commercial is featuring Melvin Alston.  He is sponsored by Moore Muscle…it was talked about on their facebook page.  A pro strong man that helped me with diet is also sponsored by them, which is how I even know of Moore Muscle. 

Pretty sure the commercial is featuring Melvin Alston.  He is sponsored by Moore Muscle...it was talked about on their facebook page.  A pro strong man that helped me with diet is also sponsored by them, which is how I even know of Moore Muscle.

Interesting.I Google Image searched him, and it does look like him.  That said, I don't know much about Melvin.Cory

Cmo

Me either.  I am trying to get confirmation as to whether it is him.  I just see him in pics on someone elses FB that I know…up and coming pro strong man Adam Scherr.  Both sponsored by Moore.  I got a post out on MOore FB page...I will let you know if I get confirmation. 

Cmo

I did find this, so maybe what I saw on FB was a joke about the Melvin guy…http://www.muscleandfitness.com/features/athletes-and-celebrities/bodybuilder-and-tv-commercials

Big_R
    Participant

I did find this, so maybe what I saw on FB was a joke about the Melvin guy...http://www.muscleandfitness.com/features/athletes-and-celebrities/bodybuilder-and-tv-commercials

Those are all great!  even though the planet fitness ones poke fun at bodybuilders, it's still hilarious... "Trainers, BRO????

David Margittai
    Participant

Got your bodybuilder right here: https://www.facebook.com/KALIMUSCLE#!/KaliMuscleFanPageMr. California, apparently?

Big_R
    Participant

That's the guy!  He's a funny mo fo i'll tell ya… his planet fitness commercial was hilarious.    He is definitely huge!..only guy his size i ever saw do reps on muscle ups!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCVo_gLoCo

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CoryMcC’s progress photos (or rather, vanity photos)…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?