CoryMcC’s progress photos (or rather, vanity photos)…

• This topic has 18 voices and 125 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
  • Author

Fairy

Thank you 🙂 Lats are just from climbing and pull-ups, that's all I do with them. I didn't used to know that they were lats, I thought I just had strange shoulder blades that stuck out in the wrong direction 🙂I prefer strength over hypertrophy 🙂 Kinda scaring away 90% of guys with my muscle as it is (not that I mind 🙂 )

Thank you 🙂 Lats are just from climbing and pull-ups, that's all I do with them. I didn't used to know that they were lats, I thought I just had strange shoulder blades that stuck out in the wrong direction 🙂I prefer strength over hypertrophy 🙂 Kinda scaring away 90% of guys with my muscle as it is (not that I mind 🙂 )

Welcome.  They simply look amazing.90% of guys have no fucking idea what a good body or effort is, so you aren't missing much.  😉Cory

Fairy

Well, you know the type of female body the media pushes:(This is from Woman's Health mag!)

Fairy

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one:

David Margittai
    Participant

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one:

Probably cry.

Well, you know the type of female body the media pushes:(This is from Woman's Health mag!)

That, and Beyonce.  😮The media also pushes young girls to starve themselves, when their teenaged bodies are still forming / growing, and can be permanently stunted by such sick advice.Absolutely disgusting.Cory

Men's Health magazine isn't much better.  They push the ideal male body as looking like Justin Beiber, Zach Efron or Robert Pattison.  😮Their idea of muscular is Brad Pitt, in Fight Club.  To me, that's just ripped, NOT muscular.You want muscular in modern Hollywood?  How about The Rock, Vin Diesel and John Cena.  Hell, Wahlberg is getting QUITE jacked, too!Cory

Fairy

Huh. That figures. The answer to obesity is to glamorize scrawniness. Facepalm.

Huh. That figures. The answer to obesity is to glamorize scrawniness. Facepalm.

I cannot remember where I read it, but this was awful.I caught an interview once where Robert Pattison commented on the newfound muscle of Taylor Lautner.  He said something to the effect of "I just couldn't do it.  I don't know how he did."  This was regarding Lautner's strict diet and exercise to pack on muscle (or lose his job) in the Twilight series.Taylor is a obvious Ectomorph, I am sure what muscle he did put on didn't come easy for him.  He isn't huge, but I am sure he busted his ass, and ate like hell.I guess sissies like Pattison are fine having CG'ed abs.  Thing is, I am finding that a lot of guys think like that nowadays.  They want killer bodies, but they don't want to put in the effort (they want it now -- not later).As I've said on here before, gone are the days when men fought and died to build empires (both literally and figuratively).Cory

Big_R
    Participant

good pics bro!

good pics bro!

Thanks!  😀Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Men's Health magazine isn't much better.  They push the ideal male body as looking like Justin Beiber, Zach Efron or Robert Pattison.  😮Their idea of muscular is Brad Pitt, in Fight Club.  To me, that's just ripped, NOT muscular.You want muscular in modern Hollywood?  How about The Rock, Vin Diesel and John Cena.  Hell, Wahlberg is getting QUITE jacked, too!Cory

Wahlberg was actually very muscular about 15 years ago.  He actually considered himself a bodybuilder back then.  Look at his modeling pictures for Calvin Klein (no homo) he had awesome physique. 

Wahlberg was actually very muscular about 15 years ago.  He actually considered himself a bodybuilder back then.  Look at his modeling pictures for Calvin Klein (no homo) he had awesome physique.

Wahlberg is definitely a lifter!  Always considered him as such.Rock and Wahlberg will be in this new movie coming out called "Pain and Gain" by Michael Bay.  Wahlberg is looking pretty huge!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/The plot synopsis reads:  "A pair of bodybuilders in Florida get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong." Comes out the month of my birthday (April 2013)!  Might take myself to the theater.  😀Cory

Big_R
    Participant

Wahlberg is definitely a lifter!  Always considered him as such.Rock and Wahlberg will be in this new movie coming out called "Pain and Gain" by Michael Bay.  Wahlberg is looking pretty huge!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/The plot synopsis reads:  "A pair of bodybuilders in Florida get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong." Comes out the month of my birthday (April 2013)!  Might take myself to the theater.  😀Cory

i saw the youtube video of the set pictures they took and some footage but i don't know... do you really think they look like actual "bodybuilders" though?   

i saw the youtube video of the set pictures they took and some footage but i don't know... do you really think they look like actual "bodybuilders" though? 

Maybe not freaky IFBB Pro types, but Rock had 19-inch arms this past year, and that ain't too shabby -- and Wahlberg was looking about the same size in those photos.  I consider anyone who builds their body (taking it seriously) to be a bodybuilder.I respect both men.Cory

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CoryMcC’s progress photos (or rather, vanity photos)…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?