creatine

• This topic has 24 voices and 61 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author

I've actually heard/read the opposite.  The longer it sits in water, the more is converted to the unusable form ceatinine.  Best to mix and down it quickly.  I would think hot water would only exacerbate that effect.

I've heard this as well... that Creatine becomes useless if it sits in water too long.  Not sure what the length of time actually is, though.Cory

jsmith

i just take a spoonful of my monohydrate and stick it in my mouth then take a couple sips of water.

I've actually heard/read the opposite.  The longer it sits in water, the more is converted to the unusable form ceatinine.  Best to mix and down it quickly.  I would think hot water would only exacerbate that effect.

I've heard this as well... that Creatine becomes useless if it sits in water too long.  Not sure what the length of time actually is, though.Cory

Unless you're planning on storing your creatine in solution for an extended length of time, putting creatine into solution shouldn't be problematic.http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=137696&d=1099360168 is a concise explanation of the relationship between temperature, pH and creatine degradation. If anyone is interested in the particular studies on the matter, I can provide them.

EweJay

Unless you're planning on storing your creatine in solution for an extended length of time, putting creatine into solution shouldn't be problematic.http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=137696&d=1099360168 is a concise explanation of the relationship between temperature, pH and creatine degradation. If anyone is interested in the particular studies on the matter, I can provide them.

Thanks a lot for sharing this!  I had always wondered if it needed to be consumed immediately or if it would be fine for an hour or so while I drove to the gym and lifted.

ChetSteadman
    Participant

Thanks a lot for sharing this!  I had always wondered if it needed to be consumed immediately or if it would be fine for an hour or so while I drove to the gym and lifted.

Ditto...Thanks for the responses/info guys. Much appreciated.

Hack360

I was always told that if you don't have some type of sugary carb drink to mix creatine with , then you won't have anything to transport it and end up just pissing it out. So what are people taking it with on the low carb part of the day that prevents them from wasting it?

+1That is what I was getting at.  I didn't know the length of time it took to lose potency, and I often mix my $h1t before the gym, have my workout, and then consume my drinks.  The creatine tends to sit in my shakes for anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours (depending on my workout, how busy the gym is, and travel time to the gym).Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I was always told that if you don't have some type of sugary carb drink to mix creatine with , then you won't have anything to transport it and end up just pissing it out. So what are people taking it with on the low carb part of the day that prevents them from wasting it?

Just water

Does creatine spike insulin? Is it OK to take it on off days and pre-wo?

Damon Amato
    Participant

No, yes, yes.

No, yes, yes.

Thanks for your reply - that's great to know!

BALLiSTiC-J

After morning coffee, afternoon snack, pre workout w/caffeine , PWO  and sometime before bed again.  I'm not sure how and where Kiefer gets in 60g with 5 g doses unless he doubles intake few times a day.

Same here, the 60g sounds a little over the top but if you can afford it why not right? On this schedule you get almost 30g (not including any other sources, just my tubs). I have been doing 50g stints but only on the weekends.

Hack360

Hey, just wondering what I could possibly mix my creatine with in order to absorb it without raising insulin. Is it ok to mix it with my am accelerator shake and coffee with coconut oil? Also about the protien, are keifer's blend d and blend h the only ones that's work? I have a full tub of dymatize all natural isolate that I would like to use for my am accelerator's but it's sweetened with steveia. Is that ok? And for that post workout protein, would something like optimum hydro builder be ok? Or dymatize ISo 100? Lastly is coconut water and milk in the same category as coconut oil and could I substitute one for the other some times for variety? Feed back is most appreciated, thank you. Thomas

Mike
    Participant

You can find some useful info on creatine here. I sure did. Got some questions answered.https://s3.amazonaws.com/reportdownloads/The+Creatine+Report.pdf

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Hack

spend more time on this forum and search.  most of the answers you asked were answered long ago in one way or another

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

creatine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?