My poor poor deadlift

• This topic has 7 voices and 39 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

AdamFiddler

Fuck it Ima just pull with the hook.  If my progress is a little slower that's alright.  Besides, if this little guy can do it, why can't everybody?  (And by little guy I mean amazing lifter who happens to be little)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdHFBRwAN0Y&feature=relmfu

AdamFiddler

Welp I think I figured out the problem…I went ahead and bought an Eco-Ball for chalking my hands instead of deadlifting with paper towels wrapped around them (yes I was actually doing that) and promptly set a 50 lb. PR without changing my grip at all(still using hook).  Thanks for all the responses, and now working the Kroc Rows into my deadlift days.-Adam

pshannon

Who would win in a fight Calk or God? Trick questions Calk is God

Daveski731

HOw much are we lifting exactly in kg or lbs, maybe you should nut up, or maybe chalk up. I know with a good knurl i can hit 455lb w/o chalk after that i need some to continue. Its all suggestive though.

pshannon

HOw much are we lifting exactly in kg or lbs, maybe you should nut up, or maybe chalk up. I know with a good knurl i can hit 455lb w/o chalk after that i need some to continue. Its all suggestive though.

troll be trolling

Daveski731

troll be trolling

Mods trying to be gay. I recently got blacklisted by Tnation for not complying to their "knowledge" so figured it would be nice to be around people who like research and such.

pshannon

troll be trolling

Mods trying to be gay. I recently got blacklisted by Tnation for not complying to their "knowledge" so figured it would be nice to be around people who like research and such.

I like that as well man, thats why I came over here. No one really comes on to a post and belittles. Its about the help given out! As for chalk, it honestly depends on the bar that I use. When Im getting up there in weight it feels good to have the chalk there to ease my brain a little. If i'm doing reps above 5 then its usually for grip work as well as speed deads, so I dont use chalk. It really depends on the situation.

Daveski731

troll be trolling

I like that as well man, thats why I came over here. No one really comes on to a post and belittles. Its about the help given out! As for chalk, it honestly depends on the bar that I use. When Im getting up there in weight it feels good to have the chalk there to ease my brain a little. If i'm doing reps above 5 then its usually for grip work as well as speed deads, so I dont use chalk. It really depends on the situation.

Not trying to belittle or any such. I was simply asking a question and giving a suggestion, as far as grip work is concerned: pull ups and farmers walks rule. Also kb swings, heck kb anything, hang snatch, and a personal favorite is Meadows rows without straps this is supposed to be done with them but i like to do them without.

Richard Schmitt

Yeah well we're different from T-nation, good quality responses to those who have questions, without making them feel like total shit or weak asses. because in all reality no one here is weak, just wanting to improve. Just careful with what you say and pretty much how it's said. Thus why pshannon's comment about “trolling”, we've had a couple of people who get on these forums just to be an annoying jackass begging for attention. Keep giving great tips, with respectable wording and it'll be great.I do agree on the chalk, however most gyms now don't allow their members to have chalk because "it's too messy".

Daveski731

OP, Gilbert is a natural beast for sure. if you plan on Competeing in powerliftin i would still pull some singles with a mixed grip, every so often to stay in a good groove. Its funny i pulled with straps on Monday and the bar moved so slow, i have always pulled more with out them than with i like them for uper back work at the end of the day.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My poor poor deadlift

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?