Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

• This topic has 18 voices and 138 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)
  • Author

samuel r walker
    Participant

Awsome fairy, even with the change in color I can see your skin even looks healthier

Fairy

I've ditched my acne meds 🙂 and my foundation. I've been reliant on them for over 7 years. Fucking stupid dermatologists kept telling me it had nothing to do with my diet.

I've ditched my acne meds 🙂 and my foundation. I've been reliant on them for over 7 years. Fucking stupid dermatologists kept telling me it had nothing to do with my diet.

A lot of doctors will say anything to keep you coming back to them, same with dentists.  Works well for them, b/c most medications prescribed have shitty sides, that end up presenting themselves, which can equal more visits for doctors from worried patients.The cycle continues.Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

A lot of doctors will say anything to keep you coming back to them, same with dentists.  Works well for them, b/c most medications prescribed have shitty sides, that end up presenting themselves, which can equal more visits for doctors from worried patients.The cycle continues.Cory

I think most doctor genuinely want to help their patients, I think they are just very uninformed about the effects of diet on your health.  They are trained to treat diseases with drugs and nothing else. 

Fairy

They had me on antibiotics for years (ruined my gut bacteria), then put me on accututine which made me photophobic and almost permanently damaged my eyesight, and they had me putting what is essentially bleach on my face every night. Genius. I insisted on having them test my hormones/thyroid etc. All I heard over and over again was: That's normal, that's normal, that's normal. Well fuck normal. It's NORMAL to be obese. It's NORMAL to die of a heart attack.The real issue was that I was living off wholegrains. This is also the thing that was making me fat. I would likely have diabetes in a few years time if I'd kept eating how I was. The acne was a warning sign from my body, and the doctors' solution was to treat the symptom and look no deeper. This is probably the cause of most illness in the western world today.

I think most doctor genuinely want to help their patients, I think they are just very uninformed about the effects of diet on your health.  They are trained to treat diseases with drugs and nothing else.

Fair enough opinion.  I remember a doctor once telling me to stop taking Creatine, b/c it will harm my kidneys.  Another doctor didn't know what branch-chained amino acids were, and quickly advised me to stop taking them.Uninformed is the PERFECT word for the majority of the medical industry.Cory

Fairy

My doctor told me to stop taking magnesium because it will harm my heart! WTF? Most people are deficient. She also didn't know what leucine was.

My doctor told me to stop taking magnesium because it will harm my heart! WTF? Most people are deficient. She also didn't know what leucine was.

LOL.  So typical.  I am not surprised she didn't know what leucine was.  LOL!Cory

Richard Schmitt

Fitness industry and doctors don't mix.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Like I said, they are not trained in nutrition.  Honestly, I think it is unethical for them to be giving advice on nutrition.  The only reason I think they do it is because people expect them to know about it so they feel pressured to give nutrition advice.  All they do is just recite whatever the policy is that the USDA, or ministry of health of the respective country, is pushing.

Fairy

How can you not understand what a Branch Chain Amino Acid is?! It says it IN the name…

Fairy

I get that doctors aren't trained in nutrition, but the fact is they need to be. And I'm not talking about USDA or government backed nutrition programs.

How can you not understand what a Branch Chain Amino Acid is?! It says it IN the name...

LOL.  Touché.  😉What got me is not that the doc. didn't know, it is that he advised me to (blindly) stop taking them w/o looking them up first, to have any valid reason for that recommendation.  That smacks of laziness, to me.Cory

Fairy

Damn. Same with the doc who told me magnesium was bad for my heart.

Honestly, I think it is unethical for them to be giving advice on nutrition.

Yes. Sometime I hear the nutrition advice doctors have given patients and I've wondered who they haven't been sued for it. Doctors have their place but society relies on doctors and medication to much because no one wants to put effort into change.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?