Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

• This topic has 18 voices and 138 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Fairy

Anyway, I'm not looking for validation. My point is just that women can actually get more muscular than they want to be without steroids, without drugs, without crazy training schedules.This is me: a female who works out for fun and climbs recreationally. I still have 7% body fat to drop, and I'm planning to go onto CBL SA after that and start training more regularly. Chances are my arms will look a lot bigger at that point.I love my arms, because I like being strong and I accept that this is what strong arms look like on me. But my point is that women can actually put on more visible muscle than they would like to.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Your arms will get smaller when you lose bodyfat, not bigger.ย  Anyways I can see what you are saying, but still they don't look abnormal or anything.

Just posting this for all the guys who keep telling women it's impossible for women to get too muscular. It's not. Remember, I'm not a physique competitor, and I don't want visible muscle. I want to be strong, with minimal muscle mass.I'm actually embarrassed to lift my arms up in public sometimes :/ Things like adjusting my hair leave me looking hulkish. And this is especially not a good look when wearing a dress.So when I say I want to train for strength, not hypertrophy, please understand that this is actually a genuine concern not just some irrational fear.

Your arms in my opinion are not too muscular, but very well toned. It is very attractive to me.

+1, but I hate the word "toned".Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Current Ms. Olympia (reinging champion):http://www.google.com/search?q=Iris+Kyle&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-_XNUMCOMIm20AH91IDADg&biw=1366&bih=578&sei=_vXNUPKCMKaO0QHBwYGoCA...steroids do a female body good.ย  ๐Ÿ˜›Cory

Looks like Fairy is gonna be the next Ms. Olympia!Haha just kiddingย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Fairy

Guys, my arms will get more cut and more obvious as I lose fat. I know this. I also know that since y'all are obsessed with getting more muscle and have this muscle = GOOD! mentality, I will never convince you that I look too muscular. All I'm asking is that you stop telling me and other women that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get too muscular without steroids, because that's just really patronizing and it's not true. We can. In regards to my arms, I'm aware that they freak most people (who notice them) out. I'm petite and 'dainty' and I have these wedge arms ๐Ÿ™‚ On one level, I'm cool with it because I share the muscle = GOOD mentality, but I still feel self-conscious about them when among non-lifters (ie: 90% of the population)

BenjaminD

Current Ms. Olympia (reinging champion):http://www.google.com/search?q=Iris+Kyle&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-_XNUMCOMIm20AH91IDADg&biw=1366&bih=578&sei=_vXNUPKCMKaO0QHBwYGoCA...steroids do a female body good.ย  ๐Ÿ˜›Cory

Looks like Fairy is gonna be the next Ms. Olympia!Haha just kiddingย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you ever been walking behind someone and said to yourself, "Damn, she looks good in those jeans," but then shortly after you realize it's a guy? Well that's the same feeling I get when I look at Ms. Olympia.P.S. I swear I've never been in that situation (lately).

Guys, my arms will get more cut and more obvious as I lose fat. I know this. I also know that since y'all are obsessed with getting more muscle and have this muscle = GOOD! mentality, I will never convince you that I look too muscular. All I'm asking is that you stop telling me and other women that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get too muscular without steroids, because that's just really patronizing and it's not true. We can. In regards to my arms, I'm aware that they freak most people (who notice them) out. I'm petite and 'dainty' and I have these wedge arms ๐Ÿ™‚ On one level, I'm cool with it because I share the muscle = GOOD mentality, but I still feel self-conscious about them when among non-lifters (ie: 90% of the population)

Yes, you will maintain muscle, not lose it.ย  However, the fat will dissipate, and the definition will only increase, thus the illusion of more size with what you already have.For instance, on guys, 16 inch arms diced will look better and bigger than 18 inch "fatceps".As for 90% of the population, more actually, tell me about how good their fat looks (or their lack of any body mass on the other extreme end).ย  ๐Ÿ˜›Stand out, be proud, walk tall, set an example.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I know, but when when people say "women can't get to muscular" they mean like the pictures like the one Cory posted, because that is what is universally considered too muscular.I am aware a lot of people prefer the soft feminine physique, but I am telling you are not freaky muscular, even when I put on my normal person glasses.ย  Want I want you to do is to measure the circumference of your arm and google "average female arm circumference" and compare yours to everyone else's.

Fairy

Lol @ normal person glassesAnd of course I have smaller arm circumference to the average woman, I also have a smaller waist circumference. It's all relative.And also, I never compare myself to average, I compare myself to ideal, so I don't really care to do that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Yes, you will maintain muscle, not lose it.ย  However, the fat will dissipate, and the definition will only increase, thus the illusion of more size with what you already have.For instance, on guys, 16 inch arms diced will look better and bigger than 18 inch "fatceps".As for 90% of the population, more actually, tell me about how good their fat looks (or their lack of any body mass on the other extreme end).ย  ๐Ÿ˜›Stand out, be proud, walk tall, set an example.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚Cory

Fairy isn't going for the freak attention that most of us are.ย  I can totally understand where she is coming from.ย  She goes through all this effort to work out and she wants everyone to be appreciative of it.@Fairy if you really are unhappy about the muscle mass in your arms then stop training them so much.ย  Maybe wear long sleeves, winter is here anyway.

Fairy

I only train them once a week at the moment.My problem is I want to look like a Victoria's Secret model, lift like a power lifter and climb like Spider-Man. So I have to make some compromises :/

Iris Kyle is pushing 18 inch arms, and I know low-dose female bb'ers who have 16 inch guns.I'd ping Fairy's arms around 10-12 inches.Just a dose of perspective.Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I only train them once a week at the moment.My problem is I want to look like a Victoria's Secret model, lift like a power lifter and climb like Spider-Man. So I have to make some compromises :/

I think Kiefer should address this issue because I think that is the look most women want.ย 

Fairy

My arms are 11″ around the bicep flexed. Don't see how this is relevant to anything… I'm not saying I look like a female BBer, just that this is not a great look when you are wearing a dress.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?