Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

• This topic has 18 voices and 138 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Fairy

No doubt. This is why her concern is so weird to me. She is still miles away from being as developed as someone like that and shes worried about becoming Butch! Stop pushing so hard when you get to that level if you want, but its a MASSIVE jump beyond that to get yourself to anything ANYONE should consider butch.

Interesting to compare arm photos 😉 FitnessUniversePageant_002.jpg

Gl;itch.e

In regards to my arms, I'm aware that they freak most people (who notice them) out. I'm petite and 'dainty' and I have these wedge arms 🙂 On one level, I'm cool with it because I share the muscle = GOOD mentality, but I still feel self-conscious about them when among non-lifters (ie: 90% of the population)

This is why I brought up the confidence thing earlier. I doubt theres anyone who stands out who doesnt have to deal with this at some level. Some people who are into Physique Improvement LOVE the attention. Others do it for themselves and dont really enjoy so much attention. I am one of those people. Maybe you are as well. You cant have muscle and not get noticed for it in todays society. Unless perhaps you are a male powerlifter who can hide his muscle mass somewhat by being "just another fat guy"

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I don't want to look butch

This topic is actually making me angry but Ill give you some constructive ideas. Make sure your training is either very low rep or insanely high rep. Stay away from muscle building rep ranges. You can still get some amount of strength but minimise muscular growth. Also make sure you never call any women like Alex Navarro butch as they will probably take offense to it!

I'm sure Fairy doesn't think Alex Navarro is a butch.

No doubt. This is why her concern is so weird to me. She is still miles away from being as developed as someone like that and shes worried about becoming Butch! Stop pushing so hard when you get to that level if you want, but its a MASSIVE jump beyond that to get yourself to anything ANYONE should consider butch. Ever seen Jessica Biel in a dress? OMG shes sooo butch!

You're taking this too personally.  I don't know what Fairy wants specifically, but you must realize that the average woman would rather be Gisele, not Alex Navarro.  Fairy's frustrations seem to be coming from the fact that people on this forum keep saying that women who lift won't get too muscular.  They don't get too muscular to people that are into fitness, but they may be too muscular to the average person's tastes.  Kiefer was even confronted about this by Marci Nevin on the Biojacked episode with BigTex.  He dismissed it totally and didn't address it.  To be honest I wish he would recognize that fact that Alex Navarro is not the ideal feminine physique to the average person, she just isn't.When she said butch it was hyperbole.

Fairy

Thanks Ibo, I feel like you understand me 🙂 Nice to have someone who does.If you look at the comparison above you will see that I have pretty similar arm development to Alex. Personally, I think she looks amazing. However, was never the look that I was going for, yet it seems to be the look that I'm ending up with -- accidentally.

Thanks Ibo, I feel like you understand me 🙂 Nice to have someone who does.If you look at the comparison above you will see that I have pretty similar arm development to Alex. Personally, I think she looks amazing. However, was never the look that I was going for, yet it seems to be the look that I'm ending up with -- accidentally.

An "accident" that happened via training in your sport.  Embrace it.  😉Your arm development IS similar, Alex just carries less b/f% (obviously, she is competing on stage).Cory

Gl;itch.e

You're taking this too personally.  I don't know what Fairy wants specifically, but you must realize that the average woman would rather be Gisele, not Alex Navarro.  Fairy's frustrations seem to be coming from the fact that people on this forum keep saying that women who lift won't get too muscular.  They don't get too muscular to people that are into fitness, but they may be too muscular to the average person's tastes.  Kiefer was even confronted about this by Marci Nevin on the Biojacked episode with BigTex.  He dismissed it totally and didn't address it.  To be honest I wish he would recognize that fact that Alex Navarro is not the ideal feminine physique to the average person, she just isn't.When she said butch it was hyperbole.

You are right and I apologise. Thats what annoys me about this type of stuff "The average persons tastes" Who wants to be average or cater for that? It's quite simple really. Do what the people you want to look like do. It might not be healthy. It might not allow you to do all the other things in your life you want to do, but thats the trade off. Everyone wants to have everything.

Fairy

I'm one of those people who believes that I can have what I want. And I will pursue it. But thank you for your comments Glitch.

Gl;itch.e

I'm one of those people who believes that I can have what I want. And I will pursue it. But thank you for your comments Glitch.

I hope nothing was taken personally Fairy. Just giving you my perspective. As with everyone, I wish you only the best in regards to obtaining your goals.

Fairy

Thank you. No harm done.

Tomek

Great job! A big well done.

Alexander Baur
    Participant

Compared to Alex Navarro you need to get some sun girl.  ;D

Fairy

What is s u n…? Oh, yes, I remember. I think we had some of that LAST summer in England 😉But seriously, good point. I'm actually cloud bathing as we speak.

What is s u n...? Oh, yes, I remember. I think we had some of that LAST summer in England 😉But seriously, good point. I'm actually cloud bathing as we speak.

If it makes you feel better you're still darker then me, haha.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What is s u n...? Oh, yes, I remember. I think we had some of that LAST summer in England 😉But seriously, good point. I'm actually cloud bathing as we speak.

I actually like having a tan, but god I can not sit under the sun and bake.  The only way I can get a tan is by accident.

I actually like having a tan, but god I can not sit under the sun and bake.  The only way I can get a tan is by accident.

I'd love to be a little tan, but the only way that will happen is with a spray tan.I have 2 colors, Casper and lobster.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Photos: Cardio & Wholegrains Vs Lifting & Meat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?