Progress

• This topic has 4 voices and 71 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author

thezukiman
    Participant

Well, that method works, it also depends if his lifts are pussy lifts or man stuff.I repeat, you must be drenched in sweat, swollen, hurting, crying, as you lift.

Definitely agree here...you must elicit a need for all those carbs.-Z

Tomahawk

Glad I followed this thread. This thread plus reading John Meadows has convinced me to DESTROY my legs. If you are not crawling out of the gym after leg day on CBL something might be wrong haha. Might need to bring my own bucket haha.

My motto is when your shirt looks as if you have just went swimming in it, you have difficultly squatting down to tie your shoe (getting back up should be almost impossible) and stairs suddenly become menacing...then you did it right. Lol. 😉

Oh I went swimming haha. Sat to change my shoes went to get up and fell right back down haha. Convinced a guy to lift with me. Pretty sure he was sick of me by the end of the workout haha. Did the Brian Carroll squat work after John Meadows hamstrings. Then went back to John Meadows to finish quads.

thezukiman
    Participant

Glad I followed this thread. This thread plus reading John Meadows has convinced me to DESTROY my legs. If you are not crawling out of the gym after leg day on CBL something might be wrong haha. Might need to bring my own bucket haha.

My motto is when your shirt looks as if you have just went swimming in it, you have difficultly squatting down to tie your shoe (getting back up should be almost impossible) and stairs suddenly become menacing...then you did it right. Lol. 😉

Oh I went swimming haha. Sat to change my shoes went to get up and fell right back down haha. Convinced a guy to lift with me. Pretty sure he was sick of me by the end of the workout haha. Did the Brian Carroll squat work after John Meadows hamstrings. Then went back to John Meadows to finish quads.

Nice! I cannot keep a lifting partner.... Not trying to brag, but no one (but me) can enjoy Poliquin's GVT (10 x 10 squats) lol. I know how you feel, wish we were all more local to have some guys to push harder than me for motivation in the gym. Cuz u all sound like your workouts are unforgiving.I do not believe I am familiar with the following jargon (can you further ellaborate or send a link?): Brian Carroll squat work John Meadows hamstringsThanks.-Z

2drafael

Thanks for the help guys. Very solid suggestions. I guess I just need to eat more on my backloads. Last week I got 200-300g of carbs per day and woke up feeling full all week. Yesterday I checked my weight and I'm 1 lb lighter! Gotta eat more.I'm def going to eat bags of stuff and whole pizzas 😀My daily routing is like this:9 a.m.: Wake up - 15 g of whey + heavy cream + 12 mL olive oil (I dont have access to MCTs)12 a.m.: salad with 12 mL of olive oil + ~1 lb of not-so-lean red meat3 p.m.: 30 g whey (this shake is on whole milk) + 1/4 cup of almonds5:30 p.m.: workout6:30 p.m.: shake with 40g of protein and 100g of carbs (whole milk, whey and dextrose) + 10 g of creatine8:30 pm.: white rice (about 100g of carbs) + 0.8~1 lb of lean red meat + chocolate/ice cream10 p.m.: PBJ sandwich with whole milkI'm going to shoot for 300-400g of carbs. How does that look? PS: I'm training 6x a week, so I'm backloading everyday.Plus, my weights are kinda pussy weights, but I'm pushing hard (I train for 2 years, but it's been 6 months that I'm just f*cking around).I have a real hard time keeping/gaining weight with these skinny long limbs haha.

thezukiman
    Participant

Thanks for the help guys. Very solid suggestions. I guess I just need to eat more on my backloads. Last week I got 200-300g of carbs per day and woke up feeling full all week. Yesterday I checked my weight and I'm 1 lb lighter! Gotta eat more.I'm def going to eat bags of stuff and whole pizzas 😀My daily routing is like this:9 a.m.: Wake up - 15 g of whey + heavy cream + 12 mL olive oil (I dont have access to MCTs)12 a.m.: salad with 12 mL of olive oil + ~1 lb of not-so-lean red meat3 p.m.: 30 g whey (this shake is on whole milk) + 1/4 cup of almonds5:30 p.m.: workout6:30 p.m.: shake with 40g of protein and 100g of carbs (whole milk, whey and dextrose) + 10 g of creatine8:30 pm.: white rice (about 100g of carbs) + 0.8~1 lb of lean red meat + chocolate/ice cream10 p.m.: PBJ sandwich with whole milkI'm going to shoot for 300-400g of carbs. How does that look? PS: I'm training 6x a week, so I'm backloading everyday.Plus, my weights are kinda pussy weights, but I'm pushing hard (I train for 2 years, but it's been 6 months that I'm just f*cking around).I have a real hard time keeping/gaining weight with these skinny long limbs haha.

Train harder and eat more...then fill us in on your progress. Remember if you start waking up soft and fat dial it back a bit, but if not keep upping those carbs if you are waking up tight and bf is static.Just curious how much weight you lost in the prep phase?-Z

tzanghi
    Participant

That's probably too many pre-workout carbs.  Skip the milk in the pre-workout shake.  The rest is fine, if you want it to be closer to optimal, shift some of the morning fat later in the day, like go strictly heavy cream in your coffee.  Maybe lower the 15g of whey in the coffee to 10g, but these are just fine tuning suggestions.  I would definitely drop the milk pre-workout, though, even if it is whole.

thezukiman
    Participant

That's probably too many pre-workout carbs.  Skip the milk in the pre-workout shake.  The rest is fine, if you want it to be closer to optimal, shift some of the morning fat later in the day, like go strictly heavy cream in your coffee.  Maybe lower the 15g of whey in the coffee to 10g, but these are just fine tuning suggestions.  I would definitely drop the milk pre-workout, though, even if it is whole.

Agreed on the milk...save it for pwo....and drink lots 😉 with yummy cereal of course. -Z

Tomahawk

Nice! I cannot keep a lifting partner.... Not trying to brag, but no one (but me) can enjoy Poliquin's GVT (10 x 10 squats) lol. I know how you feel, wish we were all more local to have some guys to push harder than me for motivation in the gym. Cuz u all sound like your workouts are unforgiving.I do not believe I am familiar with the following jargon (can you further ellaborate or send a link?): Brian Carroll squat work John Meadows hamstringsThanks.-Z

Idk how you could enjoy those either haha. The powerlifter monster in me that wants out couldnt allow me to do 10*10 for squats haha. I have had a few over the years. The best one I had is stationed in Korea now. Just messaged with him yesterday said he should be visiting in September. So might be getting a few workouts with him. Got him started on CBL for a while. He told me he is 215 and 7% but I will hold back expectations till pics prove it haha.I got a guy to do my leg workout with me last night. I swear he looked like he wanted to hit me by the end of it. He was just done with it haha.Not a problem I will post some links:Brian Carroll, the squat set up he has at the end of the articlehttp://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/4049/how-to-squat/#more-4049John Meadows, the set up he has for lying leg curls, pyramid up in weight then last set drop weight some do 10 reps followed by 25 partials at the bottom.http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/enormous_and_strong_legs_the_mountain_dog_way&cr=I basically used John Meadows' set up but plugged in Brian Carroll's squat work.

2drafael

Train harder and eat more...then fill us in on your progress. Remember if you start waking up soft and fat dial it back a bit, but if not keep upping those carbs if you are waking up tight and bf is static.Just curious how much weight you lost in the prep phase?-Z

Will do that. Thanks again for the advice.I didnt actually do a prep phase. On Dec/2012 I was at around 175 and bloated as hell on the typical bulking diet. I had some personal problens (including moving to another town twice) and could only train 2-3 times a week or sometimes even less, so I got on a keto diet with refeeds on weekends.That leads me to where I am now: around 160, lost a lot of body fat but also lost muscle mass and strength. About a month ago I got back to serious training, back-loading on training days. Now I'm backloading everyday.

Thanks man. Will do that!

thezukiman
    Participant

Idk how you could enjoy those either haha. The powerlifter monster in me that wants out couldnt allow me to do 10*10 for squats haha. I have had a few over the years. The best one I had is stationed in Korea now. Just messaged with him yesterday said he should be visiting in September. So might be getting a few workouts with him. Got him started on CBL for a while. He told me he is 215 and 7% but I will hold back expectations till pics prove it haha.I got a guy to do my leg workout with me last night. I swear he looked like he wanted to hit me by the end of it. He was just done with it haha.Not a problem I will post some links:Brian Carroll, the squat set up he has at the end of the articlehttp://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/4049/how-to-squat/#more-4049John Meadows, the set up he has for lying leg curls, pyramid up in weight then last set drop weight some do 10 reps followed by 25 partials at the bottom.http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/enormous_and_strong_legs_the_mountain_dog_way&cr=I basically used John Meadows' set up but plugged in Brian Carroll's squat work.

I have read Brian Carroll's squat stuff and anything this man says about squatting is legit.I really enjoyed the Meadows link...I am loving his training methodologies.Thanks,-Z.

Tomahawk

I have read Brian Carroll's squat stuff and anything this man says about squatting is legit.I really enjoyed the Meadows link...I am loving his training methodologies.Thanks,-Z.

Ya I have reworked my squat because of reading that article. Was trying to do the whole wide PL squat for a while and it just wasnt me. It was obvious but took someone else writing it.I am trying to incorporate a lot of Meadows' training while I am still CBL. Doubt it will be as much fun doing CNS haha.

thezukiman
    Participant

Just checked out some more Meadow's Mountain Dog Training articles (another legs write-up,chest,back, shoudlers, and arms) and it just keeps getting better.I am definately planning to try some of his unique excercises and rep schemes.Thanks again Tomahawk.-ZMy motto is when your shirt looks as if you have just went swimming in it, you have difficultly squatting down to tie your shoe (getting back up should be almost impossible) and stairs suddenly become menacing...then you did it right. Lol. 😉

Ya I have reworked my squat because of reading that article. Was trying to do the whole wide PL squat for a while and it just wasnt me. It was obvious but took someone else writing it.I am trying to incorporate a lot of Meadows' training while I am still CBL. Doubt it will be as much fun doing CNS haha.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?