Reorientation Phase

• This topic has 5 voices and 31 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

CaseyD

From what I've heard/experienced, yes it's normal.

6by6

general observation:  I dunno other people's experience, but I am usually a morning BMer, almost exact same time every morning.  While doing the depletion phase, I am ironically backed up like the interstate.  Is this typical?  If not, wtf is going on?

Yeah happens to me all the time. I feel higher fat intake helps a bit, increased water intake is good and my super secret weapon Costco Fiber Gummies they are like gummi bear candy but they have one 1  net carb freakin amazing. Only problem is I cant stop eating them, they are just like candy, damn they good. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11516194&search=fiber&Mo=14&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=fiber&Ntt=fiber&No=7&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Richard Schmitt

gluten free donuts, cheetos, sweet tarts, fudge rounds, pizza, ice cream.  Thats my plan for saturday night.

May sound like a stupid question but how are you planning it out? Like after a workout? Or what exactly are you going to do? Because next Saturday is my Carb Nite, and Monday is starting the Shockwave, I don't want to fuck up on the Carb Nite.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'm just assuming I'm going to fuck it up because nothing has gone like it appears it should so far.  I hope Kiefer and Naomi have some good answers for me if the books don't clear enough up.  I feel like I've followed everything very well and yet not getting the results I want so far, but again I could be doing something or several things wrong, or just too anxious to lose 10%bf in a week.I am doing HIIT today and the Friday workout tomorrow.  I will have a PWO shake of Blend H, lowfat chocolate milk, and try for some other high glycemic carb source.  Then I'm planning on having dominoes pizza and cheesy bread for dinner, and then frozen yogurt with ridiculous toppings for dessert.  Then I'll most likely come home and have some of the gluten free donuts and cheetoes.  Good luck to me.

Richard Schmitt

Trust me I know how you feel…I keep trying to go back and see what I did wrong, or what I didn't do, or what I could do better…idk.Well good luck man, I'm sure it'll be a good night for you

soulmind

Dmunnee have you been losing weight since you started Carb Nite?  If so I wouldn't stress so much if you are following the protocol.  Yes you lose fat quickly on this diet but it's still not an overnight thing like plastic surgery or something.  There's a reason it can be used up to six months, it might be necessary if an individual has a lot of fat to lose.  I've lost around 12 pounds in ten days but I know that it will start to slow down soon enough and a good portion of the weight I've lost is retained water and carb stores in my body, but I've also noticed a visible decrease in the fat around my stomach.  Just stick with it and you'll do fine.  That said, I can't wait to pig out tonight.

Damon Amato
    Participant

ya, my biggest disappointment so far is that even though I'm losing some decent scale weight, my waist size hasn't budged a bit.  Dying for dominoes tomorrow.

soulmind

Okay, so I killed my legs tonight with an F-Load (that is a real amount, I think it's the metric system) of squats and leg presses and had a PWO shake with dextrose, hydrolyzed whey, and creatine.  Has anyone else had a feeling of euphoria, almost drug like, during their first Carb Nite?  I swore for the first few minutes after that sugary goodness that I was high.  I definitely feel the heat production in my body.  So far I've eaten a doughnut and cheese bread with some milk and plan on having some more goodness before I go to bed.  Seriously, I feel intoxicated.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'll know tonight after some serious deadlifting.

soulmind

So how did it go Dmunnee?

Richard Schmitt

Yeah I'm curious too, how'd your evening end up?

Damon Amato
    Participant

I posted my day in the shockwave forum since it was also part of my day. 

Grantis

Hey 6by6 watch the fiber gummies, they have xylitol, a sugar alcohol, and are therefore a no-go for carb nite.

6by6

Hey 6by6 watch the fiber gummies, they have xylitol, a sugar alcohol, and are therefore a no-go for carb nite.

Yeah that is one of the issues I had with the gummies. 1 net carb per serving but I would have like 10 servings so I stopped buying them.

Richard Schmitt

For the whole Depletion/Reorientation Phase for Carb-Backloading, would y'all think it would be ok to have a Carb Nite on the 6th day after doing a bunch of training during the week of no carbs, or should I wait till the the 10th day? Because I started Sunday no Carbs, and I'm seeing good results-ish with no Carbs, but feeling pretty near weak and really hungry when I workout.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Reorientation Phase

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?