anyone under 10% bf????

• This topic has 14 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Just to quickly address the whole Intermittent Fasting conversation in this thread:IF doesn't "induce" muscle loss, but it also doesn't prevent it.  Many people do lose muscle while fasting for 12+ hours.Doing CBL, you are effectively getting all of the benefits of fasting with none of the potential muscle loss, BECAUSE, it turns out, the body's hormonal profile while eating fat and protein with zero carbs is IDENTICAL to the hormonal profile of fasting.This is the topic of a very soon to be released blog post on DH.com (by Kiefer of course).

Great!  'can't wait!  🙂

IOWA.PharmD

Great! I've just been pouring over articles on leangains and that has been question number one! Leangains looks and sounds legit. CNS/CBL looks and sound legit. Is anyone doing a mix of both by chance? I've been doing IF applied to CNS for the last 3 days. I feel pretty decent. I just drink black coffee instead of adding fats to it. We'll see how my strength feels this week. I'm starting my first wave of 5/3/1 and I'm more than excited. I even might start a log to show progress for CNS/IF combo? Who knows.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

If you're doing CBL, then you are doing IF. It's a subset of CBL. What would be the point of not adding fat to your coffee?A lot of people who have read both books are doing a sort of mixing of CBL and CNS. Like skipping breakfast and having an AM accelerator instead, while on CNS. 🙂

IOWA.PharmD

As Naomi alluded, they are coming out with an article that explains how there is no difference hormonally or fat-burning wise of fasting in the morning vs. only intake of fats. I guess I'm just waiting for that until I change. And I understand CBL is a subset, though i'm more on CNS right now. In fact I am, no argument really. I'm not saying one or the other is better, there seems to be a lot more results (before and after) with people doing IF. I think it appeals to a lot of people (including me). That is probably why Naomi/Kiefer would like us to keep track of our progress, taking pictures, and lift numbers. Or maybe not, who knows?Rant over, every time I get an email notifying of a new article out, it's a mini-christmas. Hopefully today is christmas eve....

Richard Schmitt

I've been doing SA, IF, and ESE for a couple weeks now. Fasting from when I wake up till around 1pm, then it's protein/fats with a salad, then nothing till PWO, then I carb it accordance with CBL. I completely fast on Sunday till Monday afternoon. During last week on the days I don't lift at all, just HIIT, I fast until dinner. I've hit PRs all last week, definition is growing, and I don't feel too bad. I was thinking to myself earlier today, that if I can eat/diet and train this way when I get home, I'd be a happy camper, that who knows I can finally nail this down enough to have pictures/numbers posted on the DH website (good dream/goal to have haha).

IOWA.PharmD

One thing I forgot to mention. The people with results pictures on LG are mostly after >3-4 months (sometimes like 10!) of i'm guessing pretty strict adherence to protocol. That's quite a bit of time. Body recomp takes time. Tex, others, I need to be patient.

Richard Schmitt

One thing I forgot to mention. The people with results pictures on LG are mostly after >3-4 months (sometimes like 10!) of i'm guessing pretty strict adherence to protocol. That's quite a bit of time. Body recomp takes time. Tex, others, I need to be patient.

Yes sir, I completely understand the timeframe and being patient...something I am trying to work on.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I am in total agreement that it takes time, god knows I have been at this for a long enough time now where most people would have given up. It has been a slow steady road to progress, some weeks with setbacks sometimes a whole month was a wash. Either way just remember to take a break every now and then for your own sanity. I can go ultra strict for an extended period but we all need to take breaks along the way, I find the best time to do so is when results flat line. In my opinion this is when the body is telling you to take a short break from the diet. One thing I am learning is that slower results usually = more maintainable results.

Luis S.

Ok, so after doing some research on leangains i realized the protocol used on there. Its defined as 16 hours straight if fasting and the next 8 hours of “feasting”. Well i will be applying this to my CNS plan. Today was my first day and it went pretty good, lets see if this gives me the edge to lean down to 10%.

Richard Schmitt

Ok, so after doing some research on leangains i realized the protocol used on there. Its defined as 16 hours straight if fasting and the next 8 hours of "feasting". Well i will be applying this to my CNS plan. Today was my first day and it went pretty good, lets see if this gives me the edge to lean down to 10%.

It's what I've been doing with SA, I wake up after 8 hours of sleep, and then won't eat for another 8 hours. I make sure that I fast for a good 16 hours of the day, only eating or having that window for 8 hours. Example of my day: Bed at/around 8pm, wake up around 4/5am, won't eat till 12:30/1pm. I have first meal of protein/fats, then PWO shake after gym then one meal consisting of carbs finishing eating way before 8pm.

Luis S.

Ok, so after doing some research on leangains i realized the protocol used on there. Its defined as 16 hours straight if fasting and the next 8 hours of "feasting". Well i will be applying this to my CNS plan. Today was my first day and it went pretty good, lets see if this gives me the edge to lean down to 10%.

It's what I've been doing with SA, I wake up after 8 hours of sleep, and then won't eat for another 8 hours. I make sure that I fast for a good 16 hours of the day, only eating or having that window for 8 hours. Example of my day: Bed at/around 8pm, wake up around 4/5am, won't eat till 12:30/1pm. I have first meal of protein/fats, then PWO shake after gym then one meal consisting of carbs finishing eating way before 8pm.

Sounds awesome man, how has this helped you in regards to leaning down?

Richard Schmitt

Just like everything else, it's taking time, but I am able to maintain, if not improve body composition, which is my main goal right now, and really stress about mid-section fat.

Luis S.

Same here, but more trying to loose fat all around. Im trying to look for that sweet spot of constant fat burning.

masZUL
    Participant

be patient with all this stuff… it took a while to put the fat on, and it takes a while to take it off.  CBL and CNS (and IF) can work but as Kiefer suggests you need to pay attention to how your body is responding.  If you're on CBL and not losing as much fat as you'd like then you probably need to dial down the carbs etc.

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Great new interview with Kiefer on propane radio:http://propanefitness.com/audio-interview-with-john-kiefer-creator-of-carb-backloading/He talks on IF and muscle loss, among other issues.  He says that a post is coming up soon explaining more in detail.  But in the meantime this is a great interview!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

anyone under 10% bf????

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?