Heavy Duty questions

• This topic has 6 voices and 47 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Caino
    Participant

Well to me you are lol

TokyoLifter

Well to me you are lol

Whatever floats your boat, man. LOL ;D ;D ;D

Caino
    Participant

Can you gain a reasonalble amount of strength as well on this program i heard its just purely for hypotrophy? Right now im in limbo of what program to rock im always left wondering is this gonna be good enough or is it overkill im tossing up between this and thishttp://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-maximum-mass-workoutIve never worried about programming until i hit this forum where everyone is doing something different or wonders if it works with CBL

TokyoLifter

Can you gain a reasonalble amount of strength as well on this program i heard its just purely for hypotrophy? Right now im in limbo of what program to rock im always left wondering is this gonna be good enough or is it overkill im tossing up between this and thishttp://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-maximum-mass-workoutIve never worried about programming until i hit this forum where everyone is doing something different or wonders if it works with CBL.

I am doing the HD and I am getting stronger.

Caino
    Participant

Ah my bald headed japanese friend! Lol! Good to hear, and your getting good results with CBL? Are you increasing reps/weight every week?

TokyoLifter

Ah my bald headed japanese friend! Lol! Good to hear, and your getting good results with CBL? Are you increasing reps/weight every week?

Yep, so far I've been constantly adding weight.

Caino
    Participant

beautiful! thats what i like to hear man! i dont know whaether to run with that or that other program, see how i go hey! thanks for your help friend!

TokyoLifter

beautiful! thats what i like to hear man! i dont know whaether to run with that or that other program, see how i go hey! thanks for your help friend!

No need to thank me, just stating my own experiences. Shockwave definitely looks interesting as well, will try it on my next contest prep.

Caino
    Participant

i meant that other program i posted lol, shockwave just doesnt seem enough volume, especially to accomdiate the backloads i smash for a little fella!!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Can you gain a reasonalble amount of strength as well on this program i heard its just purely for hypotrophy? Right now im in limbo of what program to rock im always left wondering is this gonna be good enough or is it overkill im tossing up between this and thishttp://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-maximum-mass-workoutIve never worried about programming until i hit this forum where everyone is doing something different or wonders if it works with CBL.

I am doing the HD and I am getting stronger.

+1 I am not running heavy duty right now, but when I was, I was getting strength gains.  I have never had gains in hypertrophy  without gains in strength.  I think hypertrophy and strength are only exclusive at high levels.

Marty P Koch
    Participant

Can you gain a reasonalble amount of strength as well on this program i heard its just purely for hypotrophy? Right now im in limbo of what program to rock im always left wondering is this gonna be good enough or is it overkill im tossing up between this and thishttp://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-maximum-mass-workoutIve never worried about programming until i hit this forum where everyone is doing something different or wonders if it works with CBL

Although I am neither bald nor japanese, I will also add my .02 on to what ibobland08 said by stressing that the key to success in any program is progressivity.  If you are adding weight to any movement from week to week or what have you, you are gaining strength.  That said, you can neve fully serve two masters.  You will never gain hypertrophy without some degree of strength gain, and vice-versa.  There is a sliding scale as you move from one end of the spectrum to the other and different programs accentuate different mechanisms to trigger more (or less) gains from one end of that spectrum to another.  Genetically speaking, one may be geared more toward one side or the other and it will take a bit of experimentation to find the infamous sweet spot. Kiefer did say during his appearance on the Chaos and Bang podcast that individuals are reporting great strength gains on the ShockWave 1.4 but are not gaining mass.  So maybe the HD is the way to go for you.  I am having a good experience with it when I coupled it with CBL SA.  I gained 1/4" on arms (a historically weak bodypart) in six weeks as well as 1.4 lean pounds, bodyfat staying the same.  I took a two-week deload on SW 1.4 to let things settle and did some tweaking on the diet components and have started back on the HD this week.Bottom line, at 46 years old 'unassisted', this seems to be working for me.

Caino
    Participant

thank you very much for the advice gentlemen, very wise words, promise i got one last question, you think supersetting sets could work with HD? e.g doing a chest then bicep movement, or shoulder and tri movement? and im guessing for this to be a muscle builder keeping rest sets to about 90 seconds would be ideal?

TokyoLifter

+1 I am not running heavy duty right now, but when I was, I was getting strength gains.  I have never had gains in hypertrophy  without gains in strength.  I think hypertrophy and strength are only exclusive at high levels.

Yes, same here. Bigger muscle, more strength. Never had my muscles getting bigger and not gaining strength, as you said.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

thank you very much for the advice gentlemen, very wise words, promise i got one last question, you think supersetting sets could work with HD? e.g doing a chest then bicep movement, or shoulder and tri movement? and im guessing for this to be a muscle builder keeping rest sets to about 90 seconds would be ideal?

I don't think so.  I don't think you will be able to push yourself to failure by super setting.  It will probably interfere with your nervous system.  It might work for the small movements that are done at the end of the workouts.

TokyoLifter

I don't think so.  I don't think you will be able to push yourself to failure by super setting.  It will probably interfere with your nervous system.  It might work for the small movements that are done at the end of the workouts.

+1HD is already hardcore, no need to try to make it worse.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Heavy Duty questions

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?