Progress

• This topic has 4 voices and 71 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

ipcheck

Einstein mode kills gains and progress..Beast mode makes you Big, Strong, and Lean!!!

Exactly.Learn a thing or two fellow eaters.Stop this love affair with your six pack and the mirror.Those two above only bring stress and tears.Lol

Scope75

Main goal is to be big and strong and a side effect of those 2 things with a CNS or CBL diet equals leanness. Get big and strong and the 6 pack will show up in its own. The more you look for it the longer it'll take to reveal itself.

ipcheck

Main goal is to be big and strong and a side effect of those 2 things with a CNS or CBL diet equals leanness. Get big and strong and the 6 pack will show up in its own. The more you look for it the longer it'll take to reveal itself.

Don't say it too much, they don't understand.1 pack and counting.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scope75

1 pack here too. You have to have 1 before you get to 6,8,or 10. Lol

ipcheck

I once had a six pack,            of brownies at work and man did I take care of them.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tomahawk

Hey zukiman, first off, excellent progress.  Those are strong numbers.  I had two questions for you:1)Did you find that you lost strength on CNS?(and if not, how did you keep it lol)-I'm currently on CNS, but have a hard time keeping my strength, and I'm nowhere near where you are.2)What kind of rate of weight gain did you see on SA while gaining mass but staying lean?

Ya my concern is strength loss. Not trying to brag but my numbers are not sub par. So I dont exactly want to get weak. I know I have the potential to put the same numbers at a lighter weight but it is still daunting. The first time I hit my deadlift PR I was 235 give or take. Only other time I got it again I was 255. When I got my bench PR I was 265 give or take. No real squat PR to consider.

Eat like a man, lift like a monster. 😮What's so hard to understand? 😮You people get in Einstein mode very easy.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Easy CT haha.Dont worry guys I kill the weights. Probably a 600 pound deadlift still(did 525 for 3 with ease), 405 pause press, and working on my squat. I think I have that part down. Just dont like being 5'7" and 250.

ipcheck

Hey zukiman, first off, excellent progress.  Those are strong numbers.  I had two questions for you:1)Did you find that you lost strength on CNS?(and if not, how did you keep it lol)-I'm currently on CNS, but have a hard time keeping my strength, and I'm nowhere near where you are.2)What kind of rate of weight gain did you see on SA while gaining mass but staying lean?

Ya my concern is strength loss. Not trying to brag but my numbers are not sub par. So I dont exactly want to get weak. I know I have the potential to put the same numbers at a lighter weight but it is still daunting. The first time I hit my deadlift PR I was 235 give or take. Only other time I got it again I was 255. When I got my bench PR I was 265 give or take. No real squat PR to consider.

Eat like a man, lift like a monster. 😮What's so hard to understand? 😮You people get in Einstein mode very easy.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Easy CT haha.Dont worry guys I kill the weights. Probably a 600 pound deadlift still(did 525 for 3 with ease), 405 pause press, and working on my squat. I think I have that part down. Just dont like being 5'7" and 250.

Huh ? 😮Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tzanghi
    Participant

When I eat like a monster, I put on fat in excessive quantities.  When it's time to eat, I have no problem eating, but I want to be smart about it.  I'm not worried about getting big fast, I just want to get stronger after I get off of CNS, and I think OP has some good experience.

ipcheck

When I eat like a monster, I put on fat in excessive quantities.  When it's time to eat, I have no problem eating, but I want to be smart about it.  I'm not worried about getting big fast, I just want to get stronger after I get off of CNS, and I think OP has some good experience.

You're doing it wrong.You're eating wrong.You're lifting wrong.I'm a fat ass at heart, from birth.I don't put on fat, none...  Cuz I'm doing it right.I just ate like 5-6000 calories, I feel bigger already.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thezukiman
    Participant

Wow man, impressive. The changes between each of those pictures is pretty insane - seems like you're an 'all or nothing' guy, which I can relate to. I also get the fears of a former fat kid, and would suggest just upping the carbs gradually and seeing how your body responds. If you're feeling hungry tho, I would definitely listen to my body.What exactly are your workouts looking like?

Josh, I am doing 5/3/1 right now and have been on it the whole time while Carb Backloading. As for accessory work I either do the "The Triumvirate" or "Periodization Bible by Dave Tate" for added volume.-Z

thezukiman
    Participant

Thanks tzanghi.Answers based on my experience:1.) I didn't do CNS exactly, but the diet I followed was very close (I didn't know about Kiefer back then). I also wasn't doing SW I was engaged in a very intense circuit workout where you never stopped moving. (Ex. You would do a push press, then for the break between sets you do BW squats). I also was doing some HIIT on my off days. I lost a good deal of strength, but honestly looking back I didn't have to lose as much. Losing some strength is inevitable when weight loss, body recomp is your main goal; however if you are really concerned about it I do not see why you couldn't up your pre-trianing fats a bit. As long as you stay under 1g per lb. bw for the day. In my experience the days I felt weaker were days I had less fats (my individual experience here).2.) The gains were slow, but very,very steady and reliable. I would say about 2-3lbs a month. I feel slow and steady is much better than a drastic change. I feel much more in control of my weight gain now and feel it is quality muscle instead of some muscle and a lot of fat.  😉Hope that helps.-Z

thezukiman
    Participant

Wow looks like some of the advice I gave you worked 😉 jk man great journey and your jacked now man! I had a similar journey went from 5'6 218 pounds of useless, to a skinny but shredded 6'0 165 at 7% in a year. What do you weigh now?

Mikehr, the advice you gave was golden  😉Nice job on the recomp!I am currently at 173-174.-Z

Mikehr

Wow looks like some of the advice I gave you worked 😉 jk man great journey and your jacked now man! I had a similar journey went from 5'6 218 pounds of useless, to a skinny but shredded 6'0 165 at 7% in a year. What do you weigh now?

Mikehr, the advice you gave was golden  😉Nice job on the recomp!I am currently at 173-174.-Z

Glad it worked man you look awesome! Thanks, had a bit of rough patch for a month but I am finally eating carbs daily slowly working the numbers up and hopefull push 200lbs by some time in summer.

tzanghi
    Participant

Thanks tzanghi.Answers based on my experience:1.) I didn't do CNS exactly, but the diet I followed was very close (I didn't know about Kiefer back then). I also wasn't doing SW I was engaged in a very intense circuit workout where you never stopped moving. (Ex. You would do a push press, then for the break between sets you do BW squats). I also was doing some HIIT on my off days. I lost a good deal of strength, but honestly looking back I didn't have to lose as much. Losing some strength is inevitable when weight loss, body recomp is your main goal; however if you are really concerned about it I do not see why you couldn't up your pre-trianing fats a bit. As long as you stay under 1g per lb. bw for the day. In my experience the days I felt weaker were days I had less fats (my individual experience here).2.) The gains were slow, but very,very steady and reliable. I would say about 2-3lbs a month. I feel slow and steady is much better than a drastic change. I feel much more in control of my weight gain now and feel it is quality muscle instead of some muscle and a lot of fat.  😉Hope that helps.-Z

Excellent, thanks, Z, I appreciate it a lot.  It seems like those who gain <1 lb per week put on no fat; I'll probably aim in that region once I achieve a desired level of BF.  Do you power lift?  Those numbers would be competitive in the 181 division in a lot of places.

thezukiman
    Participant

I once had a six pack,            of brownies at work and man did I take care of them.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ha...I get it ::) lol. Brownies sound nice after my leg workout today...tried something new straight from a Tom Platz workout. Also kept my 5/3/1 base at the beginning. Check it out:275 x 3315 x 3355 x 3205 x 30 - This is the Platz style stuff!205 x 30 - I thought my heart was gonna burst no lie, had some chest pain from the thing racing so much. Then when I racked it I started wheezing!lol! I love squats...and hate them!lol!Leg Press 2x20-30 (270lbs)Hack Squats 2x15-20 (180lbs) - heels together toes pointed out.I did post exhaust with Leg Extensions 4 x 20-30 (60lbs)Romanian Deadlifts 2 x 10-12 ( I used 135) and on a bench for an extra stretchRack Deadlifts 2 x 15-20 (225 pyramiding up to 315)I did post exhaust with Leg Curls 4 x 10-12 (140-180lbs.)Donkey Calf Raises 3 x 10-20 (2 to 4 plates) also coupled these with burnouts - bodyweight.I just wanna down some carns and sleep!lol! 😉Whatca Beasts think?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?